BROWN TO HONDA ????

Dam I liked watching him shred the 2stroke nationals. 

Screenshot_20200706-195818_Chrome.jpg

Edited by 777654321
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, hondamac said:

Mike Brown won his 125 championship on a Honda. 

2 hours ago, The Deplorable said:

Kaw

The rightful owner to that trophy is Ryan Hughs. If ever there is a asterisk to be attached to a Championship, this is the one.

9 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

The rightful owner to that trophy is Ryan Hughs. If ever there is a asterisk to be attached to a Championship, this is the one.

Dam floods. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 10:59 PM, 777654321 said:

Dam I liked watching him shred the 2stroke nationals. 

Screenshot_20200706-195818_Chrome.jpg

Brown is a friggin animal. Mike Brown and Ryan Hughes have more badass in their piss than some of these 250 pussies. Brown was fussy and grumpy about bike setup but friggin Ryno would ride the wheels off anything. Both riders could still put a hurt on some of our younger riders today. Gotta love these guys for their heart. And if we're talking old guys, never forget "Saint" friggin John friggin Dowd. Patron saint of senior riders and all around good guy

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, everlastneverfast said:

Brown is a friggin animal. Mike Brown and Ryan Hughes have more badass in their piss than some of these 250 pussies. Brown was fussy and grumpy about bike setup but friggin Ryno would ride the wheels off anything. Both riders could still put a hurt on some of our younger riders today. Gotta love these guys for their heart. And if we're talking old guys, never forget "Saint" friggin John friggin Dowd. Patron saint of senior riders and all around good guy

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 6:41 AM, MANIAC998 said:

Explain please.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redrider144 said:

Explain please.

My bad. I was remembering 2003 with Langston, Brown and Hughs. The AMA canceled the Troy,Ohio round because of flooding and Langston was crowned the Champ.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

My bad. I was remembering 2003 with Langston, Brown and Hughs. The AMA canceled the Troy,Ohio round because of flooding and Langston was crowned the Champ.

Sort of an asterisk, not as much as 2020 SX though.  Ryan Hughes also got screwed over by a broken chain in one of the MX seasons as well.

Seems like Marv's KTM 250 shit the bed on him in the 24th Moto of his last 250 season, and denied him the opportunity to win that championship.

Edited by redrider144

7 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Sort of an asterisk, not as much as 2020 SX though.  Ryan Hughes also got screwed over by a broken chain in one of the MX seasons as well.

Seems like Marv's KTM 250 shit the bed on him in the 24th Moto of his last 250 season, and denied him the opportunity to win that championship.

Hughes and Brown both had rough careers.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

Hughes and Brown both had rough careers.

Both men are on my short list of badass personal hero's. And never forget Matt Walker. Another hard luck story. Tough as a 2 dollar steak. Anyone that ever raced a motorcycle has my respect. But I only have a handful (large handful) of badass tough guy hero's. Hard luck and failure only made these guys tougher and more determined. 

• Helpful 1

33 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Don't forget about Pourcel at Southwick in 09

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

9 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

Don't forget about Pourcel at Southwick in 09

I forgot about that one.  Went from something like 13 points up to 17 points down.  Kaw 250 puked coolant and shit the bed in Moto 1.

33 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I forgot about that one.  Went from something like 13 points up to 17 points down.  Kaw 250 puked coolant and shit the bed in Moto 1.

He lost the series by 6 or 8 points 

Sorry, it was 11 points. He gained 6 points on Dungey by wining both motos  

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Helpful 1

I just liked seeing him do all of the 2stroke races, these days. So I'm not sure how that happens if he is being paid by Honda. Maybe he isn't being paid by anyone and just happened to be riding a Honda recently? Hopefully he shows up on a 2stroke somewhere.

• Like 1