2001 Yz125 pissing gas out overflow

I recently bought a 01 yz125 bikes mint just the carb pisses gas out the overflow, I pulled my carb out and gave it a good clean reasembelled it and put it back on. It was fine not leaking gas anymore so I went for a ride on it and it was fine for about 2 hours until I went to lean it up on a tree. Next thing i know its pissing gas again, anyone got any suggestions on what the issue may be? I'm thinking it's just dirt getting into the float somehow but I dont know where. I was thinking about checking the gas tank to make sure there isnt dirt all in there aswell.

41 minutes ago, Bryan D2911 said:

I recently bought a 01 yz125 bikes mint just the carb pisses gas out the overflow, I pulled my carb out and gave it a good clean reasembelled it and put it back on. It was fine not leaking gas anymore so I went for a ride on it and it was fine for about 2 hours until I went to lean it up on a tree. Next thing i know its pissing gas again, anyone got any suggestions on what the issue may be? I'm thinking it's just dirt getting into the float somehow but I dont know where. I was thinking about checking the gas tank to make sure there isnt dirt all in there aswell.

If it's a mikuni, you probably need a new oring for the float needle seat... It probably needs a jet block gasket, too. Just get the mikuni jet block kit from james dean.

• Like 1

Float level maybe in need of adjustment. Might be right on the line where straight up its fine but any slight lean and it dumps

7 hours ago, RichieGoatGruff said:

If it's a mikuni, you probably need a new oring for the float needle seat...

The O-ring was the culprit in our 2001. 👍  It was dry and porous; pretty obvious once you inspect it.

Unfortunately, you have to buy the entire valve just to get the O-ring. 👎

You may be able to find a suitable O-ring at a good hardware store.

Good luck, and keep us posted with what you find. 👍

• Like 1

Other than mentioned above, look into fuel inlet to float needle seat passage with a flashlight. I had some rubberized crap in there keeping needle from seating. Regardless, blow that area clean with compressed air from both ways.

Edited by Rod21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptDan said:

The O-ring was the culprit in our 2001. 👍  It was dry and porous; pretty obvious once you inspect it.

Unfortunately, you have to buy the entire valve just to get the O-ring. 👎

You may be able to find a suitable O-ring at a good hardware store.

Good luck, and keep us posted with what you find. 👍

image.png.966d1f4a26a9eb76a86bddd6929b06fb.png

Yup. I tried to find a suitable o ring. It’s a very specific size.

• Like 1

float height can be wrong, the float needle/seat may be worn out.  it is almost always one of those 2 things if its pissing out the overflow

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bryan D2911 said:

You mess with da floatie arm tang? If you did, return it to the stock setting, and dont mess wid dat floatie arm again..

• Haha 1