xr600r tail light?

I recently acquired a 1996 xr600r that was dropped in my lap as a non runner basket case. I dug through the tool pack and found reading glasses and maps, levers were tilted high and rear tire was brand new and dated 2004. gastankwas full of rotten gas, i cleaned the carb, got it running, took carb back apart and lowered needle to get rid of stumble, I am in higher elevation,  new oil, filter, new air filter, all new fuellines and overflow lines, new master cylinder rebuild, and appears to be a very low hour bike. Now, i amin CO and i can title the thing easily enough but i need a tail light that has more illumination that the candle in the back. My xl 600 has a more square tail/brake/license plate affiliation. what do you guys use for a somewhat direct fit without drilling and modifying brighter rear light? I looked and searched old posts, found some products but they appeared to be "universal" drill to fit I persume. Is there a dual fillament apparatus that is able to utilize the original mounting locations and a harness change to a 3 wire from a 2?

Basically there are three models readably available,.............. that look like what they should

OEM Honda , ..... no brake light just a tail light

spacer.png

Universal design made by a few....... tail and brake light

spacer.png

The WPS (Western Power Sports)....... tail and brake light,,,,,,, some older NOS WPS lights have a white lens for the tag........

spacer.pngspacer.png File TT photo of WPS

I have the WPS, it fits perfect in the stock molded fender.

The bulb is the trick for brightness..... I found the Wagner BPB1007 fits the WPS and is bright and very bright when brake light is on.............good thing

It is also a very durable bulb and handles vibration well................... the XR kills cheap bulbs by the vibration before they actually burn out.

Just FYI.............. I am still on the same bulb 3000 miles later................ many a rough trails have been crossed in that time.

Depending on how your State inspection reg's are, you may need a "lighting kit"

it has switches for high / low beam, turn signal switch (opt) horn and brake light switch,.................

depending on brightness level required you may need a stator upgrade ................... many companies make dual sport lighting kits for most bikes today.

The kits are a complete and easier option sometimes...................... or just buy the parts you need and make your own.