Can someone please help me with my 04 Honda cr85r.  It’s making Noises I just redid the piston and top end I rode for about 3 1/2 four hours perfectly fine nothing wrong shut it off for like 10 to 15  minutes Kicked it back over and started making funny noises sound like it’s coming from the top and so Looked and it’s not the new piston had black stuff on it and my brand new spark plug that I just put in there had black stuff on it to. And my bike didn’t wanna accelerate at all

3 minutes ago, Lodge Tmoney said:

Can someone please help me with my 04 Honda cr85r.  It’s making Noises I just redid the piston and top end I rode for about 3 1/2 four hours perfectly fine nothing wrong shut it off for like 10 to 15  minutes Kicked it back over and started making funny noises sound like it’s coming from the top and so Looked and it’s not the new piston had black stuff on it and my brand new spark plug that I just put in there had black stuff on it to. And my bike didn’t wanna accelerate at all

A video is worth a million words. Could be the power valve or a bottom end bearing but you will likely get better help in the Honda forum. Gas Gas is the other red bike. 

8 hours ago, Lodge Tmoney said:

When doing the top end did you have the power valves out? Leave anything loose?

Sometimes a strong top end on a weak bottom end will kill it. 

5 hours ago, Smoking 2's said:

When doing the top end did you have the power valves out? Leave anything loose?

Sometimes a strong top end on a weak bottom end will kill it. 

It won’t let me upload a video 

3 minutes ago, Lodge Tmoney said:

It won’t let me upload a video 

You have to create a you tube video and provide a you tube link is only way

1 minute ago, Smoking 2's said:

You have to create a you tube video and provide a you tube link is only way

Ok thanks I’ll have it soon 

If anyone knows please help and let me know thanks 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🤞🏻

1 hour ago, Smoking 2's said:

Any mice pack your exhaust full.

I heard motors that can't breath and they make all kinds of noise

I checked and it’s clear there was like 2 caps full of antifreeze in it tho 

1 minute ago, Lodge Tmoney said:

I checked and it’s clear there was like 2 caps full of antifreeze in it tho 

Did you pull anything apart besides top end? If no then pull it apart and be sure to check rod for any up down movement while there. Make sure both clips are in piston pin, piston not in backwards. Sounds bad man, I would not start it again

Just now, Smoking 2's said:

Did you pull anything apart besides top end? If no then pull it apart and be sure to check rod for any up down movement while there. Make sure both clips are in piston pin, piston not in backwards. Sounds bad man, I would not start it again

Ok thanks you and that’s what imma do and I’ll post a video link so y’all can see what I’m working with