Front brake shoes not expanding

Hey all. I just bought a ssr 140tr bw. Assembly was fine besides the handle bar mount bolt and now this problem. I  was trying to put the fron wheel in but then the brake caliper fell of! Then when I put it back on the chores weren’t expanding. Help please. 

• Like 1

Just now, piltoyougram said:

Looks new? Take it back to dealer!

No no. It got shipped to me and I have to assemble it

Must have an air bubble in your brake fluid. Another point, did you mean brake pads are not expanding onto the rotor? The bikes front wheel and brakes need to be assembled. Then fill your brake reservoir with fluid and proceed to bleed the brake system. If you have air in the system the pads aren't going to move.

3 minutes ago, piltoyougram said:

Must have an air bubble in your brake fluid. Another point, did you mean brake pads are not expanding onto the rotor? The bikes front wheel and brakes need to be assembled. Then fill your brake reservoir with fluid and proceed to bleed the brake system. If you have air in the system the pads aren't going to move.

The pads aren’t expanding outwards 

No, it’s not okay to ride it without all four handlebar bolt tightened.

get the front wheel mounted. Then get the rotor between the pads. Then fill the reservoir with fluid. Then bleed all the air from the system. The picture shows the brake pistons are all the way extended! You'll need to push them back in with the bleeder in the open position. Then mount wheel and rotor between the inner and outer set of pads.

Take the cap off of the master cylinder on the handlebars and S L O W L Y push on the brake pads with a C-clamp to retract the brake pucks back into the caliper. If the master cylinder looks like its going to overflow, sop some fluid out with an old rag.

Edited by dirtbkr188

I just needed a puty knife and some elbow grease! The 140 feels very VERY powerful and the throttle is very very touchy. I’ll have to get used to it but no problems yet. Thanks to all who replied and helped...