05 DRZ400SM worth?

Good afternoon guys! New to the forum, and apologies if a topic similar to this has been brought up recently. I'm in the market for my first dual sport and have been really interested in the DRZ400S/SM and XR650Ls. A good friend of mine had an 07 DRZ400SM and I made the mistake of taking it for a cruise. So now, the hunt is on for one of them!

It seems like either of those bikes are pretty hard to find in my area (southern TN/AL state line). When one is available, they seem to be quite high on price considering the shape they are in. What would you guys consider a reasonable price for a 05-07 SM with around 8-10k with the typical aftermarket goods like exhaust, handgaurds, etc? I have my eye on one - it's an 05 with 8k miles and looks to be really clean. Guy is asking $3800.

If they're asking $3800, I'm sure $3500 is a reasonable offer.  I would try starting lower of course😉

Of course! I messaged the guy with a few more questions. If everything checks out and he still has it by the weekend, I may make a trip to take a look. It's a good 4 hour ride so I'm getting all the info I can before we hit the road.

West Texas area here it’s the same story they are kinda hard to find and when you do find them they seem kinda high for the shape they’re in. That being said I got an 09 SM w/ 12k miles for $3k. There were little problems the owner didn’t tel me about but I fixed them 

59B3C590-16D5-465C-86E3-B98791696D63.thumb.jpeg.0b4aad3f22acba458988283a70ed2a68.jpeg and so far with upgrades and tools I haven’t spent more than $4k (bike and tools together)

20 hours ago, jtswinford said:

Good afternoon guys! New to the forum, and apologies if a topic similar to this has been brought up recently. I'm in the market for my first dual sport and have been really interested in the DRZ400S/SM and XR650Ls. A good friend of mine had an 07 DRZ400SM and I made the mistake of taking it for a cruise. So now, the hunt is on for one of them!

It seems like either of those bikes are pretty hard to find in my area (southern TN/AL state line). When one is available, they seem to be quite high on price considering the shape they are in. What would you guys consider a reasonable price for a 05-07 SM with around 8-10k with the typical aftermarket goods like exhaust, handgaurds, etc? I have my eye on one - it's an 05 with 8k miles and looks to be really clean. Guy is asking $3800.

DRZ's are stupid expensive around here. Most sell for $4,000+, even with 10,000+ miles. An '05 with 8,000 miles for $3,800 would sell in a day around here.

@Noah Jones very nice! 

So it sounds like I’m not the only one seeing this. Good to know! I’m not really in a big hurry so I’ll just be patient until the right one comes along. The hunt is half the fun right? I appreciate all the responses! 

• Like 1