2007 Yamaha TTR50e won't start

Hello,

I have a 2007 Yamaha TTR50e that I cannot get started. It was running great, he came in for a quick rest and it would not start when he jumped back on it 10 mins later. I have cleaned the carb, it seems to have a strong spark and strong compression. It sounds like it wants to start but just won't. What else could be wrong, please help!

Thanks!

Glenn

27 minutes ago, GDickey12 said:

Hello,

I have a 2007 Yamaha TTR50e that I cannot get started. It was running great, he came in for a quick rest and it would not start when he jumped back on it 10 mins later. I have cleaned the carb, it seems to have a strong spark and strong compression. It sounds like it wants to start but just won't. What else could be wrong, please help!

Thanks!

Glenn

If it has spark and compression,  that leaves fuel and air as culprit. 

I would take pilot jet out and look through it for daylight. 

Those 50 cc machines have extremely small pilot jet holes that easily clog and cause all kinds of grief. 

I think it I have ruled out a fuel issue. Fuel is good, carb is clean and the bike is getting gas. It also won't start with starter fluid. I am going to get a compression tester this weekend and check that out.

Thanks!

Probably flooded .   Remove plug and let it air out ,   blow it out with air hose ,  clean or replace plug ..  

2 hours ago, Yukon Daniels said:

I have a 07 Ttr-125 and I want a FMF Exhaust. Will I have to tune my bike or can I just put it on and go? If I have to tune what would it be 

If you just want noise , remove muffler plug .    Not much to gain with a fancy exaust ... just put it on ...