Hey guys I have a really basic question. I am just curious about the oil quantity to put in my YZ450F after an oil change.  The reason I am asking is because the manual says .64L (640ml) with an oil filter change which is what I have the last 5 times. I have never really checked the oil level real hard but after my last oil change I decided to and it showed up as being low. So naturally I added a little bit of oil until it was above the low line. In turn I now have oil leaking from my countershaft seal so it was obviously overfilled. Is .64L enough oil or am I missing something as far as checking the level?

Have you tried filling it with the .64L and then measuring the amount it takes to get the oil to the perfect level in the sight glass?  As a follow up you could share the info with us via this thread. 

I have always been curious about the three oil change numbers, I don't understand them.  I just load it up with one of them that makes the most sense to me and then check the sight glass for what to do next.