2013 YZ450F Front Fork Compatibility

Hey guys, i have a 2013 YZ450F and the fork tubes have corroded badly. I am wanting to replace the tubes or the forks completely (second hand parts), can you please help me with regards to what other years/models are compatible? For example there is set of 2007 WR forks (forks only), would they bolt straight on to my clamps and wheel? Picture of my fork just for interest! Thanks in advance. 

FORKS.gif

16 hours ago, SDHYDE said:

Hey guys, i have a 2013 YZ450F and the fork tubes have corroded badly. I am wanting to replace the tubes or the forks completely (second hand parts), can you please help me with regards to what other years/models are compatible? For example there is set of 2007 WR forks (forks only), would they bolt straight on to my clamps and wheel? Picture of my fork just for interest! Thanks in advance. 

FORKS.gif

This should help. You can get a new tube for about $340. It might not be worth the effort of stripping them off of a used set 

Screenshot_20200708-120503_Dropbox.jpg

Flaking!? I've bought sea-air corroded m-cs,in the ocean communities of Calif. That have sat for a decade or more,covered or not,and have never seen that condition. I'm guessing Chernobyl steel smuggled to China or an at sea ,steel foundry that the Japanese used to get around international codes/sanctions .🤔🇺🇸

That’s rough. Did you leave some kind of caustic cleaner on it. 

2007 WR forks aren't SSS like yours... they are a huge step backward and not compatible with your hardware. The WR didn't get the newer SSS until like 2012. Just buy new fork tubes. Buying used is risky. There are a number of things that can go wrong with a used set. New tubes will be perfect and work perfect - money well spent. Don't pay more than $100 shipped for used ones and don't accept anything questionable.

• Like 1