Opinions on exhaust

So I currently have a 2009 Drz400SM with the usual stuff, factory carb with JD jetting on it, 3X3 airbox mod. I’m trying to upgrade my carb to the FCR 39 and wanted to hear some opinions in which exhaust would be a good combination for it. I currently have the Yoshimura RS3 slip on. I was thinking on getting the full RS2 Yoshimura exhaust system or the Barker’s performance but I’m open to listen to any opinions.

Barker is known to be the best for DRZ's quad cousin, the LTZ400,  so it's reasonable to assume it is good for the DRZ. A trusted moderator even went as far to say it is on par with the best systems available.

A quicky exhaust history lesson, the best system  for the DRZ400 that supported modifications without choking at high rpm was the Yoshimura TRC titanium system. However, this system was very expensive and was discontinued over a decade ago. In response, engine builder and former Thumpertalk contributor Eddie Sisneros teamed up with MRD Racing to recreate the pipe. It was known as the MRD SSW edition. Today, it is known as the MRD ZPro. To date,  nobody has offered dyno evidence that anything else is superior to the ti Yoshi or MRD Z Pro.

I had the RS3 full system on my SM once upon a time. The other supporting mods then were a slant FCR 39mm and Hotcams. Switching from the RS3  to the MRD SSW(ZPro) added a surge of power to the mid range to top end that was more reminiscent of a modern 4 stroke MX or sport bike. The MRD is a known product that supports you if you continue to grow the engine.  The RS2 is basically a cosmetically updated RS3 that will significantly limit mid to top end if you ever increase displacement.  Barker is known to support insane power on some of the monster quad builds. I don't think you'll go wrong with either.  Pick the one you think looks the best.

Edited by ohiodrz400sm

1 hour ago, Elvin Delgado said:

So I currently have a 2009 Drz400SM with the usual stuff, factory carb with JD jetting on it, 3X3 airbox mod. I’m trying to upgrade my carb to the FCR 39 and wanted to hear some opinions in which exhaust would be a good combination for it. I currently have the Yoshimura RS3 slip on. I was thinking on getting the full RS2 Yoshimura exhaust system or the Barker’s performance but I’m open to listen to any opinions.

Can you just add a Yosh pipe to your RS3? Thats what I'd do if possible.