ADVLite

It's here!!! Beta 300RX

Did you just happen to find it on YouTube? 
Weird the video got posted before any kind of announcement 

• Like 2

Just now, Cullins said:

Did you just happen to find it on YouTube? 
Weird the video got posted before any kind of announcement 

I got a notification from YouTube that they launched the video. Beta never has been the best at announcements IMO. 😂🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Just got the email on it. 

If it had an 18” rear wheel it would be the cross country model we had been asking for 😂

Edited by Cullins
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I have not really followed MX/SX class rules, is the 300 2t going to be allowed in the 450 class and will anyone be campaigning on a Beta next year? 

Edited by redhurricane
  • Like 2

This one is hard fo understand. 

An MX 2t ??

surely not at the pro level. The 4t gained its popularity from being a much better/easier to ride choice over the 2t mxers. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

12 minutes ago, timmyp8823 said:

Who’s the target audience for this bike? Vet class guys? 

Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winner!

Seriously, that is the best target Beta should shoot for getting into MX.  Go where no one else is.  Beta is just ripping a page from the old KTM playbook.  Plus with the e-start standard?  Brilliant!  Vet and Senior class riders will be ALL over the 300 RX.

I won't bet more than $1 that KTM will start to make production 300SX models for 2022...  No more buying a 250SX and then spending the $ for the 300 kit...

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

11 minutes ago, Hammy. said:

This one is hard fo understand. 

An MX 2t ??

surely not at the pro level. The 4t gained its popularity from being a much better/easier to ride choice over the 2t mxers. 

It's a "play bike" for guys riding MX non-competitively. I guess. I don't ride track so :excuseme:

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, eastreich said:

Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winner!

Seriously, that is the best target Beta should shoot for getting into MX.  Go where no one else is.  Beta is just ripping a page from the old KTM playbook.  Plus with the e-start standard?  Brilliant!  Vet and Senior class riders will be ALL over the 300 RX.

I won't bet more than $1 that KTM will start to make production 300SX models for 2022...  No more buying a 250SX and then spending the $ for the 300 kit...

Yeah but vet guys I think rather have an 18” rear for xc/. mx too. I would. .  I guess that’s why they got Rodney Smith in there too?sales  For vet guys?? And maybe the young un there for maybe vet rider Dad’s to buy for their sons that ride? Maybe? 
Actually now that I see it I like it though.. looks good .. but not for me. I wonder how the motor manners are etc for mx too.. I guess YZ250’s are sold now. .. and ktm sx.. so there’s a niche.. little one... maybe not a niche but another option.  Well great it’s out! We finally know what it is. Now for some to buy and ride!! And report back.

I’m wondering what the market is like for 300 2t mx bikes in the vet ranks? I honestly don’t know how that is.. I wonder how sales will be in comparison to the old attempt in 2012. I figure maybe a little better. Beta is way more mainstream.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Hmm, I absolutely love Beta's lineup with great offerings across the spectrum of rider wants/needs, but this one is weird.  

Maybe a stronger need or market outside the U.S.? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Yeah but vet guys I think rather have an 18” rear for xc/. mx too. I would. .  I guess that’s why they got Rodney Smith in there too?sales  For vet guys?? And maybe the young un there for maybe vet rider Dad’s to buy for their sons that ride? Maybe? 
Actually now that I see it I like it though.. looks good .. but not for me. I wonder how the motor manners are etc for mx too.. I guess YZ250’s are sold now. .. and ktm sx.. so there’s a niche.. little one... maybe not a niche but another option.  Well great it’s out! We finally know what it is. Now for some to buy and ride!! And report back.

I’m wondering what the market is like for 300 2t mx bikes in the vet ranks? I honestly don’t know how that is.. I wonder how sales will be in comparison to the old attempt in 2012. I figure maybe a little better. Beta is way more mainstream.

A fair number of vet guys that ride at my local track just to ride (or ride with their kids) may do a GP that I hold at the track once or twice a year, but they otherwise never venture off the track with their MX bike.  These are the guys that have pimped out rides, and they will be ALL over this 300.  I would NOT be surprised if a few of them have already called my brother to put down deposits/orders by the end of the week.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

it says a all new frame, so a rx frame is different than a rr or re frame? too soon to verify ?

• Like 1

As a Vet Expert racer, this bike looks awesome, except for the MSRP

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, campdirt said:

it says a all new frame, so a rx frame is different than a rr or re frame? too soon to verify ?

Correct, your 20 model is now obsolete. I can help you with its disposal however.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, eastreich said:

A fair number of vet guys that ride at my local track just to ride (or ride with their kids) may do a GP that I hold at the track once or twice a year, but they otherwise never venture off the track with their MX bike.  These are the guys that have pimped out rides, and they will be ALL over this 300.  I would NOT be surprised if a few of them have already called my brother to put down deposits/orders by the end of the week.

Are they on 2 strokes??