ADVLite

It's here!!! Beta 300RX

12 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Are they on 2 strokes??

Most of those guys are on tricked out YZ250s.  We don't have good local dealer support for Austrian bikes currently, although our local GasGas dealer will be pumping out red KTMs in short order I am sure.

Those that don't have a new pimped out 2 stroke have an older pimped out 2 stroke to ride when the mood arises, or at our club's 2-stroke/vintage race weekend we hold every September (which is the group I fall into).

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, shrubitup said:

Correct, your 20 model is now obsolete. I can help you with its disposal however.

no way, its set up "just rite"

• Like 1

the new frame is mentioned in para. 3 on the 7-8-20 300 rx press release. did you not get one e mailed to you?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, campdirt said:

the new frame is mentioned in para. 3 on the 7-8-20 300 rx press release. did you not get one e mailed to you?

No I didn’t see but thanks!  now I do going to betausa to find..I didn’t look in my email only on this thread at first. 

https://betausa.com/2021-rx-press-release/

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

3 hours ago, firffighter said:

Hmm, I absolutely love Beta's lineup with great offerings across the spectrum of rider wants/needs, but this one is weird.  

Maybe a stronger need or market outside the U.S.? 

I agree.  Seems like limited target market, but perhaps production very limited too. I asked in other thread if this is a world bike or a Beta USA creation?

I'm guessing that a lot of these never see a track.  This is going to be like an extra production run of 300 RR Race models.  The bike will sell fast for the same reasons the Race did, (primarily forks) and some will end up with 18" wheels swapped on.  Perfect 300 harescrambles bike for the faster stuff.

What they should do is offer a stripped down XC bike, that can be had with a 19" wheel and different valving, CDI map for MX.  Same basic hardware off the production line.  Tighten up the 6 speed just a tad, good for both.  Make them early and make more.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The concept reminds me of my old 2003 GG MC 250 with the factory Ohlins option.Best GG motor wise regardless of displacement out of the five that I've owned.Excellent out of the box save for the 19 inch rear hoop.

Edited by widebear
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, GP said:

I agree.  Seems like limited target market, but perhaps production very limited too. I asked in other thread if this is a world bike or a Beta USA creation?

I'm guessing that a lot of these never see a track.  This is going to be like an extra production run of 300 RR Race models.  The bike will sell fast for the same reasons the Race did, (primarily forks) and some will end up with 18" wheels swapped on.  Perfect 300 harescrambles bike for the faster stuff.

What they should do is offer a stripped down XC bike, that can be had with a 19" wheel and different valving, CDI map for MX.  Same basic hardware off the production line.  Tighten up the 6 speed just a tad, good for both.  Make them early and make more.  

so mr.gp are the frame,engine tune,suspension,trans.ratios  the same as the 2020 re 300 ?

Posted (edited)

As far as the frame goes it could be just the lack of  steering lock and kickstand mount that make it different. 

Edited by Cullins
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Whoopee !! A nice red bike box stand.. Where’s the new frame? Still looking but not seen yet..

D190530C-B9F3-49CE-9E3A-0210554E280E.png

C324F6C9-E800-4EAB-8492-F62404A40C71.png

Small batch. Good for Tim realizing it’s a small risk to make minor mods and try the MX niche market. I personally know 5 guys that have put 300 kits on their KTM’s so there are riders of all ages looking for one. MSRP seems high but we haven’t seen RE prices yet. Don’t worry about what class they fit, Beta isn’t going Pro yet. 

28 minutes ago, Cullins said:

As far as the frame goes it could be just the lack of  steering lock and kickstand mount that make it different. 

Kickstand included. Beta USA suspension tune indicates a joint effort but I bet the bike is an RE tweaked by BYOB.  That could explain the price. Do VIN.s represent the model? 

8 hours ago, shrubitup said:

It's a "play bike" for guys riding MX non-competitively. I guess. I don't ride track so :excuseme:

Higher compression,  longer travel suspension, dirt start rims, RX mapping, RX valving

This will be competitive at MX as any other stock two stroke including the TM.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Small batch. Good for Tim realizing it’s a small risk to make minor mods and try the MX niche market. I personally know 5 guys that have put 300 kits on their KTM’s so there are riders of all ages looking for one. MSRP seems high but we haven’t seen RE prices yet. Don’t worry about what class they fit, Beta isn’t going Pro yet. 

Is it minor? it’s more than in 2012 rx.  Should be good. I guess? Hope so.. so we got more to talk about. Ok buy one Johnny and tell us how it goes!!! Or continue modding up your 500! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

Higher compression,  longer travel suspension, dirt start rims, RX mapping, RX valving

This will be competitive at MX as any other stock two stroke including the TM.

Well the race edition is competitive right now too !! This gives more to the mx purists. That’s ok. That’s good for some. I went opposite with the 2stroke mx bike I had before my Beta. I tuned the other way for offroad on that mx bike then moved to Beta.  Ok! So who’s getting one? I’m not but I guess others will. Let’s see what they say. :ride:

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Kickstand included. Beta USA suspension tune indicates a joint effort but I bet the bike is an RE tweaked by BYOB.  That could explain the price. Do VIN.s represent the model? 

Bike stand included ... as in a box to set the thing on in the pits. Removable sidestand as well ... likely so they can be easily handled in the factory.

Edited by motoxgiant

8 hours ago, campdirt said:

so mr.gp are the frame,engine tune,suspension,trans.ratios  the same as the 2020 re 300 ?

I have no idea for sure about the frame but I would suspect, from a mfg point of view it is the same.   Trans is the same. 

What I do stand by though is this will sell for two reasons, its a 300 2stroke with a KYB fork.   They could forget this little niche market plan, announce another limited late year run of 300 RRR models, and sell out just as fast or faster.   IMO sales would be only limited by the amount of forks they could get from KYB. 

You want to race vet MX with a Beta 300?  No need to wait this long.  Take a 300RRR, strip the bullshit off, swap 19" rear,  revalve, and swap in a 250 CDI.  In general from my experience, a map for a 250 will make a 300 a beast (likewise a 200 CDI in a 250, which I have done twice) .   This bike is basically that, nothing else special that matters much. 

Maybe I'm a bit biased or even annoyed they wouldn't build a run of 200RR Race models (which I would have bought in a second) but then they put this thing out.  Like ffighter said, weird.  Maybe some extra '20 parts to get rid of. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hammy. said:

For such a small run, a significant change such as geometry that requires new tooling is doubtful.   Likely more of a modification of the existing frame, like the addition of gusseting, something easily done on existing inventory.  Suspension is easy to change length on.   Pass this on to marketing for the spin and you have it. 

• Like 3