ADVLite

It's here!!! Beta 300RX

more exposure to the masses with a mx team. the avg. person has not heard of beta or they call them a trials bike company.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Coordinated press drop as suspected. Cycle News, VitalMX, RacerX, Ultimate Motorcycling, Dirt Bike, Total Motorcycle, Motoonline, Youtube, BetaUSA, Motorsaddict, Betausa Facebook and some other Euro sites but strangely not Motocross Action.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/07/08/2021-beta-300-rx-first-look-limited-edition-motocross-motorcycle/

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Coordinated press drop as suspected. Cycle News, VitalMX, RacerX, Ultimate Motorcycling, Dirt Bike, Total Motorcycle, Motoonline, Youtube, BetaUSA, Motorsaddict, Betausa Facebook and some other Euro sites but strangely not Motocross Action.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/07/08/2021-beta-300-rx-first-look-limited-edition-motocross-motorcycle/

They FU'p It's not 243 dry.Morons! Seems like stupid has become the new genius unless of course they placed lead in key locations..

Edited by widebear

5 hours ago, Drop-Bear said:

I spent a lot more money on my sons race setup, than my own 😉

Yea but that’s only one scenario with a 125 . A 125 is more limiting of getting buyers compared to a 300. A 125 is a much smaller segment I’d think. . My Dad blew a whole lot of money on me too racing. At 15 I was already racing 250’s and big bores and anyone in my Dads age group could ride a 250 or 300 too. It’s a broader target audience of customers. They aren’t buying 125’s. ..  Look right now. We’ve had 125 2 stroke Betas for a couple of years. Is that a big seller??? Not from what I can tell. But idk. You see many wanting to buy Beta 125 2t? Here there are none. When guys go mx it’s 125 150 144  guys are going husky, yammie, ktm.  We aren’t a big mx market though. A flock bought 200’s though. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

2 hours ago, campdirt said:

more exposure to the masses with a mx team. the avg. person has not heard of beta or they call them a trials bike company.

People know about Betas now. Full page ads in the major mags for years. Beta ads are there at all outdoor mx TV broadcasts . Betas are in Dirtbike mag shootouts for 10 years now. People know about Betas and Shercos and TM’s etc now.. I don’t think that’s much of a problem. 

31678052-82E8-42E8-A8AB-F4FC63D0F118.jpeg

This bike is not really that much of a departure from the current platform.  What is new though is that it is a Beta USA bike, so it demonstrates an effort to branch out and supply a USA specific product.  Hopefully this thought process continues.   I would think success here over the past years since the 2strokes were released has generated the clout necessary for USA (and like market) specific bikes. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

People know about Betas now. Full page ads in the major mags for years. Beta ads are there at all outdoor mx TV broadcasts . Betas are in Dirtbike mag shootouts for 10 years now. People know about Betas and Shercos and TM’s etc now.. I don’t think that’s much of a problem. 

31678052-82E8-42E8-A8AB-F4FC63D0F118.jpeg

some people know, theres room to grow

• Like 1

11 hours ago, widebear said:

They FU'p It's not 243 dry.Morons! Seems like stupid has become the new genius unless of course they placed lead in key locations..

Thats going to hurt sales. Hopefully people were paying attention in the article where it said 219 lbs.

• Like 2

Motocross? 2 Stroke ?

Seems to me that Beta is a little late to this party.... like 20 years late! Are they starting up a new two-stroke category? I know you can run the two strokes in with the four strokes but they’re not competitive.

36 minutes ago, Dirty WOP said:

Motocross? 2 Stroke ?

Seems to me that Beta is a little late to this party.... like 20 years late! Are they starting up a new two-stroke category? I know you can run the two strokes in with the four strokes but they’re not competitive.

:excuseme::ride:

we shall see..

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Not sure who he is or how he got one of them...

Maybe he is sponsored? Where did you get the link?? Looks like a couple of guys. You sure this is an rx? Could be a race edition with a front number plate.

Looks like a couple different riders..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

3 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Not sure who he is or how he got one of them...

It's not what you know, it's who you know ...

All of the bikes here are pre-production bikes, so don't think hunte9r jumped in line ahead of you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe, but not one of those 2t's. Did some googling on Hunter Debendetti, he has done some articles for RacerX, has a Motorsports store? in Magnolia TX (that is where my Beta dealer is) and is a good BMX'er who does photo and video for riders based now out of SoCal. I'd guess there is some testing going on for an article.

Strangely enough, I'm feeling some YOLO theory stuff having just officially retired in the last year and my wife the same this month. My 3 week trip around the West coast was an eye opener that I don't get out enough. With the nationals starting in about a month and it being announced that there will be an amateur race at each of the 9 rounds I'm thinking hard about attending a few, bucket list kind of thing. It just so happens that I've been riding more lately than I have in years, and Sunday I put in 2 practice motos of 30 minutes each at a decent pace. That might not sound like much, but Spoaks Motorpark's pro track is super technical with the corners watered really deep (I volunteer there) and it's taken me a long time to put in consistent laps for more than 4-5 at a time. A lot of the TX pro's who intend to do the nationals are practicing there since it is one of the hardest tracks in the state.

Decisions, decisions. Fix up my bike, build a Beta or go with another brand ready to go?

• Like 2

Another brand. Deep down you already know that JD. Don't waste time, you don't have much left.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

Another brand. Deep down you already know that JD. Don't waste time, you don't have much left.

My wife voted to keep the old one since I told her how well it’s working and she said at my age I’d be just as fast on my ‘87 Honda CR250 she bought me. Smart girl. It’s the rider not the bike. I am glad I still have the ability to still ride, but sooner or later the knees are going to need some work.. most people retire so late their bodies prevent them from having fun. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1