ADVLite

It's here!!! Beta 300RX

21 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Yep, R Smith is a huge plus if they will listen to him. Otherwise,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Pretty sure they have been following HDR for years and trying to build whatever he doesn't like🤪

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I like em all!! :ride:

Good morning, get up on the right side of the bed today? This thread is already ruined so we might as well chat. Hurricane there?

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Good morning, get up on the right side of the bed today? This thread is already ruined so we might as well chat. Hurricane there?

Ruined? Why? It’s the Beta RX thread. No one even has one yet. It’s only been announcements and a vid for what we know..... Yea it’s a beautiful day for a category 1 hurricane. Going to my Mom’s house to put up protection for windows in a couple minutes. Hoping for It to veer off but it’s looking stronger and more deliberate in tracking. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Should be interesting my friend who put the deposit on one. Is coming off an 06 cr250 he has had since 06. My primary ride since late 05 has been my 06 yz250 mostly stock cept for a gytr flywheel. Neither one of us has ridden a beta ever and we only ride mx practice days lately.

Excited and a bit nervous at the same time. But since the Japanese brands have pretty much abandoned those of us who prefer 2 strokes. The choice was a little bit easier. 

The specs say 6 speed will it be a close ratio? 

Edited by SmokinJoe
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, SmokinJoe said:

Should be interesting my friend who put the deposit on one. Is coming off an 06 cr250 he has had since 06. My primary ride since late 05 has been my 06 yz250 mostly stock cept for a gytr flywheel. Neither one of us has ridden a beta ever and we only ride mx practice days lately.

Excited and a bit nervous at the same time. But since the Japanese brands have pretty much abandoned those of us who prefer 2 strokes. The choice was a little bit easier. 

He's gonna love it. Beta's demographics are definitely not the usual suspects. I have seen no mention of transmission changes, the WR is really an advantage. There is no point in shifting every 50 feet when you have around 50hp.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SmokinJoe said:

I came off a Honda cr 250 for 12 years and got sick of waiting too. I wanted a sixth gear and 50 more cc’s and a good estart.  I had a bag of sprockets to switch out to with my cr to change gearing depending if a wide open hare scrambles or a tight technical hard enduro type race. With my 300 rr I had already bought a different countershaft and different rear sprocket anticipating the need to change. I still have them in the bag. I haven’t touched my stock gearing. I rode it . And I rode it and raced it and looked for wear etc to find an excuse to changeI can race a variety of kinds of races with stock gearing. 

The 6 speed on the Betas are a nice even spread.. and it being 6 speed alone forces a better spread than any 5 speed..I love the 6 speed way more! The button!! More lugging!! Actually I think the handling  is comparable and an easy transition from the Honda cr to the Beta. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Been a long time since I been on here last.  I have been riding a 2017 430RR-S and have ordered one of these 300RX's just for a play bike and riding in the woods of eastern Pa.  A long time ago..like 40 years ago I had a '77 YZ400D and '78 TT500.  I stopped riding dirt bikes around 1985, until I got the new 2017 430RR-S a few years ago.  The power of the 430 really surprised me to be honest.  I miss not having a 2 stroke and had been thinking about a 2021 300RE until this 300RX came out.  I'm really looking forward to twisting the throttle on it.  I'm not sure if this bike is eligible for the BYOB or not, as I ordered it as a BYOB and was emailed the paid deposit order for a BYOB but then got an updated email an hour later showing it as ordered from the production run.  Not sure what that means but i'm going to call my local dealer (I ordered it directly) to get more details on it.  I had wanted to build it to my liking like I did my 430RR-S, but if not I will make the changes either myself or thru the dealer(Kissells).  I wonder how many 2021 300RX's will be imported.  Anyone know?

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Where??

Right under the seat. 300 RX 🙂

I seriously doubt that many, I'd guess there won't even be enough for each dealer to get 1, although that was about how many Holcombe special editions were built IIRC, or was it 200?

What I am seeing on this thread is that of the people putting deposits down, I've yet to see one racer who intends to put it in races, some will put it on the tracks. The Beta buyer's are a very broad demographic, all ages, sizes and weights.  I suspect many choosing the bike so far like the looks and the no frills with less stuff to tear up when you crash more than the performance.

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Right under the seat. 300 RX 🙂

I seriously doubt that many, I'd guess there won't even be enough for each dealer to get 1, although that was about how many Holcombe special editions were built IIRC, or was it 200?

What I am seeing on this thread is that of the people putting deposits down, I've yet to see one racer who intends to put it in races, some will put it on the tracks. The Beta buyer's are a very broad demographic, all ages, sizes and weights.  I suspect many choosing the bike so far like the looks and the no frills with less stuff to tear up when you crash more than the performance.

I don’t think Beta buyers are broad in a demographic. Wasn’t there a couple of threads showing average age was older here??  I think guys who buy this bike will buy for mx. .. that’s whether they race or not. . It’s an MX specific bike. Maybe they could buy and put on an 18” rear wheel too? Beyond that?  The race edition wins across the board to me. With a race edition everyone can  race mx , xcountry, hard enduro  and everything else as far as racing . This rx  is a weird specific model for Beta. Hey great for the purist mx guys.. How many are mx pure guys? ...and will still buy Beta specific for mx?? It is cool and trick looking. Maybe the mx vet guys racing in Texas and guys buying for their sons will drop money for this RX and of course guys just wanna just get what they like because they can.   As soon as the bike starts arriving in the hands of riders then we can see how it runs and guys can assess from there. 

So your guess is 300 or less made and distributed. I wonder that too. Tim knows the numbers. Maybe it’s make some and see how the demand goes?? Then adjust from there.??

6 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I don’t think Beta buyers are broad in a demographic. Wasn’t there a couple of threads showing average age was older here??  I think guys who buy this bike will buy for mx. .. that’s whether they race or not. . It’s an MX specific bike. Maybe they could buy and put on an 18” rear wheel too? Beyond that?  The race edition wins across the board to me. With a race edition everyone can  race mx , xcountry, hard enduro  and everything else as far as racing . This rx  is a weird specific model for Beta. Hey great for the purist mx guys.. How many are mx pure guys? ...and will still buy Beta specific for mx?? It is cool and trick looking. Maybe the mx vet guys racing in Texas and guys buying for their sons will drop money for this RX and of course guys just wanna just get what they like because they can.   As soon as the bike starts arriving in the hands of riders then we can see how it runs and guys can assess from there. 

So your guess is 300 or less made and distributed. I wonder that too. Tim knows the numbers. Maybe it’s make some and see how the demand goes?? Then adjust from there.??

None of the Loretta riders this week would give a 2t anything a second thought no matter who makes it. It will sell to practice riders and Vet riders and play riders. I doubt it will attract any young racers, there is no class for it. The market for dirt bikes is 50% MX so it is big. I don't think there will be over 100 built, not sure how many dealers there are. They can always build more later and add 4t's if they like what they see. MXA has still not mentioned the bike even though it has no doubt been right under their nose. They have been known to be snobby that way, they never mentioned Alta either, not once.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

So if adding  18” rear wheel and springs for your weight? Guards?  Maybe $10,500? Depending..

I would want a matching blue rear 18” rear rim..

So they’re saying “ very limited “ availability?

Sounds more like an xc race bike with the wrong size rear wheel hoop, than a moto bike. 

That being said, I might have bought it instead of my 300re had it been available last year...

Edited by Sierra_rider
  • Like 1

Well here’s a new race edition. So an RX  or a race edition? Id go race edition every time. The 19” rear wheel is retarded for me and I want a light for if getting stuck in the trails late to get out. Or to go night riding if I want. I can still play on the mx track.. although it’s not smart to be pushing it there. These guys do.. The RX is for some purist MX guys. Everyone can race MX on an 18” and an mx plate comes with every rr and race edition. Actually I prefer an 18” over a 19” rear wheel . But the RX is not a cross country bike. It’s an MX bike. It’s hard buying that idea for some reason from Beta these days. 

Well just imagine..the RX should be better than this..for mx at least??

Posted (edited)

It took me a while to snap to it, and apparently the original specs released have been changed (it was there originally), but the Beta 2 stroke MX model apparently does not have a counter balancer.

I like the idea of a 300, although I think they should do a 250 also to qualify for more classes and rev better. Maybe more models down the line?

Type: Beta-Built single cylinder, 2-stroke, liquid cooled, with BPV power valve system and electric start with a back-up kick starter sold as an option

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

It took me a while to snap to it, and apparently the original specs released have been changed (it was there originally), but the Beta 2 stroke MX model apparently does not have a counter balancer.

I like the idea of a 300, although I think they should do a 250 also to qualify for more classes and rev better. Maybe more models down the line?

Type: Beta-Built single cylinder, 2-stroke, liquid cooled, with BPV power valve system and electric start with a back-up kick starter sold as an option

Hey maybe the rx 300 revs out better?:excuseme: 

No cb? That’s overblown to me anyway.  How did you come by this info by the way? Got links to new updated info? 

Any reference to why no cb??

Dont notice in specs.. Unless another set of specs..

0B36C7DE-5C97-4B81-BFE6-9D1193678AD6.png

7881097C-DD7E-4337-A4EF-B803B73A83F7.png

77D507C9-6C55-475C-8A0D-6D899A3462A4.png

8EB74BD3-999D-4AF9-9227-EA83C664BC8A.png

AA0CFBE4-8B10-4FD7-ADBF-F07C55E59623.png