Orion RXB 250 And 250L Owners

Hey Gang,

Do you own an Orion RXB 250 or RXB 250L..well I do and have been thrashing it for months..get this..with no real problems..Great Bike, Great Value.

So if you own one I would like to invite you to join my Facebook Group

Orion RXB 250 Owners Group

We have the best people and the best knowledge base for this bike.

Hope to see you in the Group

THANKS !!

20200118_131048.jpg

Edited by MrFarscape40
  • Like 1

I don't do face book but will check back here from time to time. how is the suspension on it?   I am pretty happy with my bike other than the suspension, the 229 zongshen engine produces plenty of power for the kind of riding I do which is mostly forest service roads but both the front and rear bottom out easily. I have been looking at the Orion bikes for a couple of months now.

Was looking at getting one of these, now I see on YouTube about frame breakage. Granted the guy is jumping it, but still...

11 minutes ago, azmaxxed said:

Was looking at getting one of these, now I see on YouTube about frame breakage. Granted the guy is jumping it, but still...

I am that guy...and unless you plan to try MX on this bike and weight 190lbs like me...you will never have a frame problem like I did...it was caused by quite a number of things all cascading into one event.

I still stand by what I said before...best dollar for dollar value out there..for anything less than pure MX.

7 minutes ago, azmaxxed said:

Davids is the only reported case of this, and by his own adult assessment as a Rider, it was a combination of a number of issues that in a perfect world possibly could have been avoided entirely by getting Joe Henners  rear shock mod and front fork spacers , and while I am in no way attacking David , the fact remains that the RXB while a very capable and reliable trail bike just is not a MX Bike and using it for such will present risks .,which David himself has freely admitted he was aware of.I might also mention that it hasn't been that long ago that KTM had frame failures ,and they ARE a MX bike ,and they were more numerous than any reported by RXB Owners. Joe Henner himself has Videos up of himself on a MX level track on his RXB and his frame is fine .The only Chinese Bike that I am aware of that has had an actual multiple number of frame issues is the Magician ,which is the bargain basement model of even Chinese Bikes ,and those reporting them were pretty frank about the failures resulting from use that certainly exceeded the stated capability and intended use of the machine .My point is, the RXB 250 is a capable , reliable, and durable machine if used within it's intended purpose, and can with proper preparation far exceed that baseline .In any case, a single reported example of a frame issue is no reason to condemn a Bike that has sold at the volume the RXB has ,particularly when the failure occurred due to use well outside of it's  suggested or recommended  area of use. It is an amazing trail / hare scrambles /single track bike at a very reasonable cost with a lot of aftermarket support  ,so don't be so quick to dismiss it . ,if it does fall in your area of expected use.

Been watching your videos.  I was looking at apollo or a brozz.  However your videos have me leaning to the orion now.  There are more apollo and brozz videos out there and from what I can see more parts as well. 

Not a Facebook user so seeing if I get a reply from you mrfarscape40 or others about orion 250.  Basically Fishing to find any mentors on any of these bikes.   Orion only has text number which concerns me about support.   

Once inventories are back I plan on purchasing. 

I live in Florida and have property in western nc

• Like 1

You really should consider joining the FaceBook RXB 250 Owners Group page, it is much more active than this thread is now.That said, i do still routinely check this thread, as does David ( i think ) . David ( MrFarscape)  also is pretty good about answering comments on his YouTube videos. Joe Henner, of Joe Henner Motorsports  is the "RXB Guy" and offers knowledge and a full line of speed parts and suspension parts and services .Either the Apollo or the Orion would likely suit your needs ,they are both capable Bikes but I really do feel like the Orion, via Joe Henner , has the edge in aftermarket knowledge and support .In any case there are a lot of parts that will fit both on  AliExpress and I am sure we can help you identify any other parts you may want to change with a part that will fit., a lot of the Orion RXB 250 stuff is Honda CRF230 based, while the plastics are 2015 KTM SFX clones. The engine front sprocket is Honda, the rear sprocket uses a KTM bolt  pattern .,for examples. In any case let us know what you decide and we will do our best to help you !

Just watched your new engine video.  Thanks for Sharing.   Going to search on xmoto gpx to get more of an understanding on quality and support.  No longer Honda replica.  

No more Honda CRF230 clone engine ..starting with the new shipment that is coming end of September.

Seems reliable..just not much in the way of aftermarket upgrades...more likely to be a buy it and ride it as is..kinda deal...at least until someone steps up to make stuff available. This engine is maxed out on bore..so no big bore cylinder/ piston...no one making cams yet (Joe Henner is thinking about it) and it is 7lbs heavier on an already heavy bike.

No lowering link that I am aware of.I am 5'-8" and can stand flat footed..even after a rear shock mod...hope that helps.

Just took the plunge and pre ordered (2) 250s off orion powersports site.  One for me and one for my son.  To me it is a gamble because there is no one to talk to  -   you can only text/email and use their site.   I am going off what i have seen on youtube from you all and read on some threads here. 

I ordered the whole tune and ready to go option.  Will let you all know as i know more on any shipping dates...

Excited but still nervous. 

• Like 2

Swagboss you won’t be disappointed!  I bought one and was exactly like you. Excited yet nervous. I did a video on that group on FB the first ride after I bought it and it was awesome. You won’t be disappointed at all. Get on that group on FB. They have all the answers for your questions and good ideas for upgrades  

41014114-B978-4F77-9FED-A3E37E002057.jpeg

@Swagboss  There is now a dedicated RXB 250 Owners  FaceBook page, and it is very active with a lot of info and advice as RXB dude noted.  The RXB's are fun, capable woods bikes and with the right mods can even do light MX duty .They have proven to be extremely durable and reliable for the cost point and respond very very well to low budget mods for more power and torque and are fairly easy to work on. I would not hesitate to recommend one  for or to you. Here is a shot of mine957968360_today211.jpg.74a936e93a6160a490cc856ce41b4317.jpg

Edited by Michael RedCrow