cylinder weep hole leaking oil

hey everyone i’m new and thought i would give this a shot to see if anyone could help me. i have a 2011 kx 450 leaking oil from cylinder weep hole. i replaced the spark plug gasket under the valve cover but it still leaks. could it be the o ring under the cam caps? oh and when i went to replace the spark plug gasket there was about an inch of oil in my spark plug cavity. i vacuumed it out took off valve cover and replaced gasket. still leaking please help. also does anyone know spark plug socket size i tried 5/8 but it’s a little small. sorry for the long type

There’s the plastic cap on the spark plug well and an Oring in there too. 

the one i replaced under the valve cover was rubber not plastic it was a circle with like a lip on each side

Edited by Chris Stewart

On 7/8/2020 at 8:51 PM, Chris Stewart said:

the one i replaced under the valve cover was rubber not plastic it was a circle with like a lip on each side

On my 06 the o ring under the cam bridges is the one that is the problem maker for leaking oil out the weep hole. I've replaced it a number of times.  I prettty sure it's the same design. 

19 minutes ago, Chris Stewart said:

hey thanks for the reply. do you take your cam chain tensioner out or just screw it all the way to the right?mine is just a drop here and there. hardly noticeable i just can’t stand it lol would you worry about it ?or should i just replace it when i do a top end rebuild in a couple months 

If it's just a drop now and again maybe not. Did you say earlier your spark plug cavity was full? If that keeps happening I would fix it.  Yes I just loosen cam chain up from screwing the interior of the cam chain tensioner and lift up the cam bridges enough to slip a new o ring in. And if nothing moved it doesn't need retimed.

yeah it was ridiculous how much oil was in the cavity but since i replaced the gasket under the valve cover it hasn’t pooled up... yet . i’m gonna ride a couple more times and check again. waiting on my torque wrench now. thanks for the advice man

11 hours ago, Chris Stewart said:

yeah it was ridiculous how much oil was in the cavity but since i replaced the gasket under the valve cover it hasn’t pooled up... yet . i’m gonna ride a couple more times and check again. waiting on my torque wrench now. thanks for the advice man

Ya no problem.