Chinese pit dirt bike takes off in 1st gear?

Hi everyone,

A few months ago I found a 50cc Chinese pit bike in the trash, a few guys here led me in the right direction. The bike needed new tire tubes, throttle cable, and a engine cover. Anyway, I change the oil, cleaned the air filter, carb, got a new throttle cable, engine cover and did a few other little things. Now was the time to see if it will start. First kick started right up and purred like a kitten. Awesome I was happy. The problem I have, is when I throw it into first gear, the bike takes off, it will roll about 4 mph without giving it gas. Does anyone know why or can give me any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

clutch isnt disengaging cause it wont come out of gear, adjust clutch lever tp see if that helps, my yx160 clutch is super sticky after sitting for a few days i have to hold in my clutch lever and tip the bike over whie running whole on he bike to a 20 degree angle or so to help get oil on the clutch plates to help loosen them up to, hold the clutch in for a minute while tipping the bike back and forth to get oil moving in the case,this could help to get it to act more complacent and let me know if this doesn't work

10 minutes ago, zrxkawboy said:

What kind of oil did you use?

10/40 4 stroke motorcycle oil. 

Sorry, not sure what to say.  If you used a motorcycle-specific oil, it should be fine. I really don’t know the details of the clutches on these, as I haven’t had to work on one yet.