Michigan UP Trail Suggestions

Hey everyone! I have lived in Michigan for a while now and am just now getting around to visiting the UP. My gf and I will be driving through the UP on our way to Minnesota and are looking to find a couple places to ride in the UP. Once on the way there and once on the way back. We've both ridden for a while now and are moderate skill level, and since this is part of a road trip we aren't looking to ride anything that hard, just some nice flow and as little single track as possible as the girlfriend is still getting used to them, and not super long loops, something we can do in a few hours tops. She's on a CRF150F and I'm on a KTM 250sx. Thanks for everyone's help in advance, and I apologize if this is a repeat topic but I couldn't find any suggestions for what I was looking for in the UP. 

Hey there,

I've only ridden Newbery & Drummond Island. Newbery was awfully tight, l don't recommend. Drummond lsland was awesome! Pretty sure you can legally ride anywhere in the UP, unless posted closed. That's all l can say, only been up there twice, l usually ride the lower peninsula. 

Enjoy !

Edited by Diverdown

The best trails in Michigan are the motorcycle only trails throughout the state. The UP has some let be best single track around. An easy to access ride and on your way across the UP just be Trout Lake/Brevort trails. Right off US-2 about 45 minutes west of the bridge. Beautiful country. Can be tight single track but who wants whooped out quad trails?  That’s my 2 cents

Three easy, 50" but a little tighter than most in the LP:

Silver Creek in Newberry

Danaher Plains north of Seney

Baraga Plains southwest of Baraga.

Pretty sure you can legally ride anywhere in the UP, unless posted closed. 

That would be completely false.

31 minutes ago, 2TrakR said:

Three easy, 50" but a little tighter than most in the LP:

Silver Creek in Newberry

Danaher Plains north of Seney

Baraga Plains southwest of Baraga.

That would be completely false.

Could be, that was according to an older Michigan ATV guide. May be different now...

Hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions. After looking at the route to Minnesota we are going to hit Silver Creek on the way up and Baraga Plains on the way back. Will let you guys know how it goes! 

• Like 1