2018 yz250f problems

So the story is I was out riding and I started hearing a ticking noise from the bike but I thought I was just imagining it and also it was stalling a lot easier but I just thought it was me because I hadn’t rode in a few months, as I was riding the bike died and had high compression and I couldn’t start it again so I went home and realized I somehow had too much oil in it and when I pulled out the oil screen it had a lot of metal shavings in it, so my question for whoever sees this is what do you think the shavings are from because I am very curious, do you think too much oil caused too much pressure and that what caused the failure, my first guess is piston rings but I’m not sure. I plan on taking it in to a dealer to have them look at it.

FCC81F62-0E23-4AA7-9211-E5A8C68AB6B4.jpeg

5BCF5AAF-5157-4CE6-BF95-9A94EED93814.jpeg

If there's too much oil / crankcase pressure, it should just exit through the breather. Unless that's plugged, it suppose.

But you said it died, and had good compression?  If it was rings busting up, you'd lose compression. Either way, the old sow has eaten her piglet.

How many hours on the bike?

6 minutes ago, GRamg said:

If there's too much oil / crankcase pressure, it should just exit through the breather. Unless that's plugged, it suppose.

But you said it died, and had good compression?  If it was rings busting up, you'd lose compression. Either way, the old sow has eaten her piglet.

After it died it had high compression but the thing that really confused me was that I was able to get it kick once with high compression then I could kick it a few times with relatively normal compression then it would go back to high compression if that makes any sense, I was also able to get it started while on high idle mode so maybe a bearing got obliterated because it seems like waaaay too much metal to be rings and there’s even more metal still in the bike. As for hours on the bike I don’t have one of the meter things that tells how many hours, I can’t remember what that’s called but I would say maybe 30-40 ish hours. 

What ever is in that pan it's not looking good....time for tear down...

Yer I’d be looking at pull down see why metal build up could fork sticking.

21 hours ago, BrodyLacina said:

After it died it had high compression but the thing that really confused me was that I was able to get it kick once with high compression then I could kick it a few times with relatively normal compression then it would go back to high compression if that makes any sense, I was also able to get it started while on high idle mode so maybe a bearing got obliterated because it seems like waaaay too much metal to be rings and there’s even more metal still in the bike. As for hours on the bike I don’t have one of the meter things that tells how many hours, I can’t remember what that’s called but I would say maybe 30-40 ish hours. 

These things have ACR's built into the cams?  If so, that could explain the difference in compression on your kicks...Might have something coming apart in the top end..

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 2:57 AM, GRamg said:

It’s a hour meter you can get for the bike about 50-100 bucks.Also was there oil coming out the exhaust you could also have build up? For the compression. Any knocking will be break down of bearing also has it been worse when the oil filter c/o.