I got a question I'm not a motorcycle mechanic

Yes it's really me Travis Twitter for all the people that hate me anyways I got a question for an expert I got a 1990 YZ250 I just finished doing a new clutch on it and now the the clutch handle won't move well it moves but it's really tough to dussehra anybody got any ideas?

44 minutes ago, Travis Witter said:

Yes it's really me Travis Twitter for all the people that hate me anyways I got a question for an expert I got a 1990 YZ250 I just finished doing a new clutch on it and now the the clutch handle won't move well it moves but it's really tough to dussehra anybody got any ideas?

Something is binding, pull it apart, inspect the lifter, and push rod, make sure you clocked the clutch arm correctly with the push rod. I heard those classic yz's have a dowel issue for the tranny, not sure about that. Pull it all apart, check your manual and make sure its all tiggity boo...

Is the basket notched? It will make a clutch engage and disengage poorly.  Also did you tighten the bolt that goes through the lever REALLY tight?

I figured it out.. /All the steel plated need to face the same way.The sharp side down is how Ialigned them. I had them in there all random.Thanks for all the help everyone!

• Like 1