Sub Frame Seat Bolts HELP !

Good evening,   I need some repair advice. The sub frame on my 19 RMX450z , has the tabs that secure the seat bolts. These tabs have a nut secured to the inside of the tab, so when the seat bolt is inserted, it allows the bolt to tighten. One of these nuts came off. I assume it was welded or glued somehow. How is the best way to re-secure this nut to the sub frame?  On the photos below , you can see the one side with the nut secured to the frame as designed. The other photos show the missing nut, and the nut itself.  Help, how do I fix this? 

Seat Bolt 3 .jpg

SEAT bolt 2 .jpg

SEAT bolt 1 .jpg

I use a small/short bolt, just hold the "nut" straight with one hand, and tighten the bolt with the other, It'll basically press/pull the "nut" into the frame.

I've had to use lock tite glue on one that kept coming out. But, took them all out to get my frame and sub-frame annoed.

You get them out the same way. Use a short bolt, start it in the thread, then smack it with a hammer :D

Edited by Drop-Bear

15 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

I use a small/short bolt, just hold the "nut" straight with one hand, and tighten the bolt with the other, It'll basically press/pull the "nut" into the frame.

I've had to use lock tite glue on one that kept coming out. But, took them all out to get my frame and sub-frame annoed.

You get them out the same way. Use a short bolt, start it in the thread, then smack it with a hammer :D

Once the seat is installed , I have no access to hold this nut . I see Loctite makes glue , a 2 part glue for aluminium. Maybe use this stuff ?  I do know when the bolt is tightened the nut will pull toward the frame. But when I loosen the nut, if the nut spins ,  since the seat is on, I will not be able to  hold the nut.  

7 minutes ago, ghostrider7811 said:

Once the seat is installed , I have no access to hold this nut . I see Loctite makes glue , a 2 part glue for aluminium. Maybe use this stuff ?  I do know when the bolt is tightened the nut will pull toward the frame. But when I loosen the nut, if the nut spins ,  since the seat is on, I will not be able to  hold the nut.  

You don't have to have the seat on to just fit the nut. Get the "nut" in the frame first, then fit your seat once it fixed.

Use a short bolt, hold the "nut" inline, tighten bolt. It will pull the "nut" into the frame. I can't explain it any better :excuseme:.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

You don't have to have the seat on to just fit the nut. Get the "nut" in the frame first, then fit your seat once it fixed.

Use a short bolt, hold the "nut" inline, tighten bolt. It will pull the "nut" into the frame. I can't explain it any better :excuseme:.

Ok , so once I tighten the nut, it will press up against the frame. Then when I remove the bolt, the nut should stay in place,  is this correct ? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ghostrider7811 said:

Ok , so once I tighten the nut, it will press up against the frame. Then when I remove the bolt, the nut should stay in place,  is this correct ? 

👍

2 minutes ago, ghostrider7811 said:

Ok if this continues , another rider said he used a RIV-NUT NUT-Insert.   I may order a few of those in 10mm.  Thank you JIM

It looks like you have the "nut" backwards in the last pic you posted. The smaller part on the "nut", is what presses into the frame.

Nutsert for sure

no warranty to make the dealer fix it?

Edited by Pmv17

Had the same problem on my yz but looks like a different set up on yours, mine was spinning in the sub-frame, turns out it was a standard size bolt in there, so just re-tapped another thread and used a tiny bit of aluma-weld, turned out fine

You could possibly try a rivet nut that you press in very similarity to a rivet. Which may work in this situation. 

Here is the final ,  I used a little Loctite on the edges. So far so good.  I need to start paying attention and stay on the correct threads... 

I did buy some Riv Nuts incase I need to go to plan B 

Seat bolt end.jpg

Edited by ghostrider7811
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:23 PM, Pmv17 said:

Nutsert for sure

no warranty to make the dealer fix it?

No, Even thought I bought my 19 RMX with zero miles, I bought it used. It was a gift from Suzuki and Team Yoshimura to Roger Hayden for his retirement , Dec 2018.  If you google it, you can see the event.  Roger never rode it.  Even thought  I do not really care for the customer Yoshimura Decals,  the  price was right and it had a full Yoshi RS4 exhaust. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ghostrider7811 said:

Here is the final ,  I used a little Loctite on the edges. So far so good.  I need to start paying attention and stay on the correct threads... 

I did buy some Riv Nuts incase I need to go to plan B 

Seat bolt end.jpg

That's different to the ones on my 250 frames, from what I can tell.