Seat Bolts , one side lost it's nut , How do I fix ?

Hey guys,  So I am reinstalling my seat. I am  inserting one of the side bolts at the rear. I hear a click then the bolt will not attach. One of the nuts that are attached to sub frame ears came off.  I wasn't even cranking it down. The nut is attached some how , maybe welded or glued of some sort. Now I can't   insert and tighten on side of the seat.  How do  I fix, how do I re attach this nut ? Any Ideas ? I also submitted this question in General dirt-bike discussions.  

Seat Bolt 3 .jpg

SEAT bolt 2 .jpg

SEAT bolt 1 .jpg

I am thinking about Loctite Glue, they make a 2 part glue for aluminum.  I see this nut has an edge that bites into the frame when the bolt is tightened, it is just the removing of the  bolt that concerns me. If the nut loosens from the frame WHEN the seat is on,  I will not be able to hold the nut allowing the bolt to back out.  

That is odd.  It looks as though the nut broke off the frame or something. Your bolts look really long too. This is how my seat bolt looks and goes on for both sides. JB Weld would probably work too.

seat bolt 2.jpg

seat bolt 1.jpg

Edited by Sinister Veritas

The Nut appears to be some press in type nut . I call it a nut , I am sure it is really called something else.  YES , the bolts in the photo are NOT the correct seat bolts, I was just using them for photos , my seat bolts are shorter like yours

Edited by ghostrider7811
  • Like 1

Look into Nutserts or clipnut

Either may be a good option

• Like 1

I used the Loctite on the outside edges of the nut where it mates up to the frame. I then tightened  the nut up against the frame , a little tighter then usual. I then took some more Loctite around the nut edges, also touching the frame. 

After about 6 hours , I removed the nut, switched to a needle nose vise grip. This keeps tension on the nut , pressed against the frame.

I also found the nut had the threads messed up, this may have caused the nut to come off in the 1st place. I took a tab and now the threads are clean .  Late today or Monday I will test my repair. 

4 hours ago, ghostrider7811 said:

I used the Loctite on the outside edges of the nut where it mates up to the frame. I then tightened  the nut up against the frame , a little tighter then usual. I then took some more Loctite around the nut edges, also touching the frame. 

After about 6 hours , I removed the nut, switched to a needle nose vise grip. This keeps tension on the nut , pressed against the frame.

I also found the nut had the threads messed up, this may have caused the nut to come off in the 1st place. I took a tab and now the threads are clean .  Late today or Monday I will test my repair. 

Good luck!  Hope it works out.