2012 Motor in 2013 Bike

I've got myself in a bit of a pickle and could use some help. My son grenaded his 2013 KX250F a month or so ago, bending the rod. Quick research showed that having a shop rebuild the bike would cost more than it was worth. Option 2 was to rebuild the bike myself, but that was still very expensive, and time consuming. So I came across a rebuilt motor for the same price as the parts would cost, but it was out of a 2012 bike. That is where the fun begins.

The motor is in the bike, and it bolted up just fine. There are currently 2 problems I need help with to finish this thing up.

1. Due to very slight differences in cylinder and head configuration, the intake does not line up properly with the throttle body. I was able to slip the boot on temporarily in order to see if the motor would start (which it did, seemed to run well). I cannot seem to find a solid solution for this intake connection though. It seems the 2012 and 2013 had different air boxes as well. So I am considering locating a 2012 airbox to solve the problem. Does anybody know if a 2012 airbox will bolt into this bike? This seems like a slippery slope, lol!!
  2. Problem 2 is likely related to problem 1. When the bike first started, it idled just fine, maybe just a touch high. Then after about 10 seconds it idled up quite a bit, kind of like it would with the high idle plunger pulled ((But it wasn't). It is very possible that with the intake boot being hodge podged, it is sucking air. Would that cause this extra high idle?

No help at all on this?? Not even on the high idle question?? Fuel injected bike experts, please come out of the woodwork and help a brother out, lol!!