FMF 4.1 rct Spark arrestor help for 350 xcf

Hey all, 

so I have a 2017 ktm 350 xcf and am having some trouble with locating the right spark arrestor. I do have a fmf 4.1 titanium Pipe that came on the bike when I purchased and I purchased the right spark arrestor for that model exhaust but it still would not fit. I will post some pictures below to see if anyone can help with my ignorance on the matter. 

thanks. 

CB0C7F52-260E-4EB2-8FEA-231C442AC25F.jpeg

5D9D9956-C4AF-4073-9B68-EAD5EC949790.jpeg

1F9A5C65-CAC2-42A2-AAE1-048B8923467F.jpeg

1 minute ago, Hans Schmid said:

Looks bent... 

It does seem to be a bit beat up, but that spark arrestor doesn’t even go 3/4 of the way in, I am wondering if it does have a silencer core or something in it already but just don’t know enough about the fmf pipes. 

This is as far as it’ll go due to the width of the spark arrestor. Also nothing obstructing it. 

196F488C-65C8-4FDB-B2B9-1F953623BAF6.jpeg

Edited by am36

Pretty sure it has an insert in it already, I think I see the edge of the retaining ring. 

I have a 4.1 also, when the insert is not in there is only one metal ring at the end of the exhaust not 2.

0B4E9F97-3FC6-45DC-85AA-36E548DB5120.jpeg

Edited by SDRick

13 hours ago, SDRick said:

Pretty sure it has an insert in it already, I think I see the edge of the retaining ring. 

I have a 4.1 also, when the insert is not in there is only one metal ring at the end of the exhaust not 2.

0B4E9F97-3FC6-45DC-85AA-36E548DB5120.jpeg

Gotcha. That’s actually what I was thinking as every 4.1 I saw has 1 ring.  I couldn’t see any spark arrestor with the insert but I’m gonna see if I can get that insert out. When I got the bike the pipe was pretty dirty and beat up so taking off the ring is gonna be tough. 

28 minutes ago, am36 said:

Gotcha. That’s actually what I was thinking as every 4.1 I saw has 1 ring.  I couldn’t see any spark arrestor with the insert but I’m gonna see if I can get that insert out. When I got the bike the pipe was pretty dirty and beat up so taking off the ring is gonna be tough. 

The hardest part is getting the ring started. I have a really small flat screwdriver that fits in there, once you get the ring started the rest of it falls into place. If you want to keep the existing insert don’t grab it with pliers, it’s easy to bend... ask me how I know. 

Well I believe you still have the wrong spark arrestor! Make sure it says RCT in the description. No screw hole on these. Dennis Kirk is a good source.

I went thru this, my advice would be to get the stainless end cap while you are messing around, and be prepared with a matching diameter pipe to tap the new insert in. 

FMF repack/insert video is meaningless on a crashed muffler, think of this more like installing a mousse w/ the associated cursing haha