Beta2Stroke 2015 Xtrainer Value

Looking  at a 2015 xtrainer. Super clean basicly stock. What are these worth? What should I be looking for?

Well, don't know if this will help, but there was a 2019 in my area that was in basically new condition with like 20 hours on it.  Priced at 7200 and i think he had it up for a few weeks and then decided to upgrade the suspension and just keep it.  Keep in mind i think many are unhappy with the suspension, so that may be something you may need to budget for depending on your riding style and ability?  Hope this helps a bit (i know he loved his-he was just thinking about how much it would cost for the upgrade and initially thought it would be more cost effective to get the 200 or 250 rr instead. Guess he like it so much that he decided to keep it!)

How many hours/miles? Any maintenance records?

I just bought a 2018 with 8 hours, it had some nice mods like pipe, pipe guard, rad guards, rear disk guard etc...I paid around 7k for basically a brand new bike. 

The used bike market in my area is crazy right now. There was a 2015 KTM 200 XCW with a lot of hours that sold for 6k. Do your homework before you buy. Good luck.

Sorry should have added more details. I already have a 2019 250 re for myself. This would be for my younger son as he has outgrown his kx100 size wise but not skill wise. This thing says 5 miles on the od. I am starting to question the add though as I am not getting any response from my request on info. 

Thanks for everyone input. 

2 hours ago, PaulDWR250 said:

picked up my 2015 250 re for $3400 1 year ago. Its in decent shape 125 hours on it. Around here the Betas sell for less than the KTM's. 

IMG_20190821_180859.jpg

Wow.. that’s a deal. Here Betas go for same as KTM in resale. It depends on the model. That there I’d figure a good deal for over 5 grand. Maybe more.. It comes with a kicker too. 

2 hours ago, PaulDWR250 said:

Around here the Betas sell for less than the KTM's. 

That's right! Beta not as good as KTM so they should sell for far less. Half price would be great. :devil:

1 hour ago, shrubitup said:

That's right! Beta not as good as KTM so they should sell for far less. Half price would be great. :devil:

4 hours ago, oldman said:

I sold my 2015 Xtrainer with 435hrs in January of 2017 for $4500.

None of the 8 to 10 KTM's I have owned in past years gave better service or gave as good a return on investment of dollars per miles ridden as my 2015 Beta XT300 Xtrainer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldman said:

None of the 8 to 10 KTM's I have owned in past years gave better service or gave as good a return on investment of dollars per miles ridden as my 2015 Beta XT300 Xtrainer.

I know, only trying to capitalize on un-informed market dynamics. This is starting to run out however; people seeing value of Beta now obviously.

I have had KTM from 97 to 2019 like the bikes got tired of the owners. Same people that said they were POS, never get parts, unreliable back in they day are the same that think they are the only bike made today. Even current ktm dealers.  Beta is a local shop without an attitude. 

uh oh....this could turn into a brand war real quick!  I'll just say that i sold my 06 KTM 250 xc for 1k more than i bought it for (but i think i got an incredible deal as the PO took super good care of it and didn't want to deal with posting it on CL or FBM so i knew the right guy at the right time!)  I liked the KTM, as it never left me stranded, but some things were just kind of weird, like having to take off the tank to get to the plug, and literally having to slather the top of the plug and boot with dielectric grease to get it on there as there was only 1/2" clearance from the top of the boot to the frame.  I am loving my 19 200 rr tho, and plan on holding on to it as long as i my finger is able to push the magic button!  Some things just make me smile like not having to remove any bolts to get the seat off, or just pulling off the side cover w/o tools to access the air cleaner. Stuff that just seems logical and smart. 

OP-don't worry about the guy not getting back to you. When i bought mine last week, i had actually messaged the owner 3 weeks prior and never heard back. I sent a follow up msg the day after my initial contact attempt just politely reminding him i was still interested. I was in the same boat as you, and figured he had sold it and didn't delete the posting. Then 2 weeks later he hit me back, and said he still had it and to come take a look. He told me he posted it, then started having second thoughts about selling it (because it was new and only had 30 hours on it) and it just took some time for him to come to grips with letting it go and not riding....so there is still a chance!  Hoping he gets back to you as i have heard nothing but good things about the cross trainer 🙂 

No not trying to start a brand war. With my 2019 I originally went into by a blue and white ktm but quickly got pulled over to the Beta. Almost anything made these days are better then I am. Just pick a color. Going to send the guy one more message. I am thinking as me and the kid get older in a few years we can just switch.