Dirt bike creeps/moves forward while in neutral

When I turn it on it starts to move/creep forward and it’s in neutral. Also when I push it when it’s off it’s pretty hard to move, not freely as it used to be. I’m thinking it can be warped clutch plates but can it Be anything else if anyone knows please share

1992 kx 125

you need to drain the oil and inspect the clutch. 

• basket for notching
  • inner hub for notching
  • pull all the clutch plates and fibers out, they are more than likely all stuck together.  You need to pull them apart, soak in new oil and then if they are still within spec you can reinstall

Replace any worn parts with new - preferably upgraded aftermarket units. 

If it is not the clutch, then it is the an issue with the transmission. 

Edited by JJRace

If you are having issues in neutral than it has to be in the transmission or shift star.

Nothing to do with the clutch.

I bet you have a pinon gear seizing to shaft. Eventually will be no neutral. Notched basket doesn't have anything to do with it in neutral 🔧

• Like 2

On 7/13/2020 at 11:23 AM, KDXGarage said:

..unless the 28 year old notched as hell basket is keeping the plates from freeing up.

OP, get a service manual and a clutch cover gasket, torque wrench, etc. Google "notched basket" and "dirt bike" or "KX", or any bike.

Clutch is already engaged in neutral.

Figured it out... it seems the shifting star on the shift drum wasn’t properly in gear basically it was slightly stuck and also I forgot to add a spacer before I put in the clutch basket .... problem solved