how to cross breed between DRZ and KTM

i'm not a doc, just like to experiment with bike parts, some of ya guys knows that my supermoto are cross breed, drz with ktm motard wheel, seem like both engineers eat the small food, attend the same school and maybe sleep together?? ?

the front ktm hub with 17" will mount straight on with a spacer on both side and a "replacement" spacer for the speedo drive gear, check out the pic

on the disc side, the spacer is thicker than on the other side

DSCN0320a.jpg

on the opposite

DSCN0321a.jpg

just make sure the ID of the hub bearing matches ya axle diameter and ya on ?

for today trial, with the 320mm Braking wave disc, it is for the KTM hub

DSCN0317.jpg

i'm not sure if the DRZ relocater bracket for the caliper will match in a not, but it is worth a try, or else, i will have to special made this bracket, but with abit of shimming, it mounted on nicely ?

DSCN0319.jpg

DSCN0322.jpg

so for those guys who are looking for used motard wheel for ya DRZ, ya got another choices, the KTM with a little bit of mod will go on nicely. :awww:

and also, ya motard wheel can be sold to both suzuki and ktm owner. ?

So will both ktm wheels will fit a drz with new spacers?

dumper, the rear ktm hub bolt right on, no need any spacer at all, just make sure the ID of the hub bearing matches ya axle.

the rest of the question, burned have answered them for me.

?

and ya, i have double checked, the pad are fully utilise on the disc(full coverage)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking into hubs as well. With the KTM rear you bolted the DRZ disc on and the caliper lines right up with DRZ spacers?

no no, whatever that belongs to the ktm hub, is a ktm parts, like brake disc, sprocket,etc..

?

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Can some one who has done this please post the necessary size spacers? and if possible whst you used for spacers? I am hoping to comb through online parts houses to find a off the shelf set of spacers, if this has already been done, please enlighten me. Front & rear

• 3 years later...