All About the 2021 Honda CRF450R

1 hour ago, Daniel Stephan said:

13 was an improvement in many ways. I bought one and removed the dual exhaust and then took it all the way with everything except a big bore kit and porting  this beast is pushing 60+hp 

48D3D8B6-AF27-49C9-8A85-00370B11230A.jpeg

FCE51DD9-D04A-4E0C-84B2-892E07ECB0CA.jpeg

94065860-36F6-40A9-A171-118D22DD0F74.jpeg

EEA01F8B-0276-4D54-ABAD-032778CB2548.jpeg

C4567D96-D5E4-4694-BE4C-9C184C5F0302.jpeg

0B652545-0281-4CF7-87F7-08DF286961A0.jpeg

Sweet looking ride.  I don't have any bling on mine, but Enzo suspension, Hinson clutch, and a Ron Hamp 62 HP motor.  I liked it better than a stock 2017.  My son's been riding it these days.

3 hours ago, Zinergy said:

So 244lbs curb weight meaning full of gas? My Husky FX450 is 245lbs full to the brim. I wonder how much my 18 inch rear tire setup weighs vs the 19? Still about 5-6LBS heavier than the KTM 450s.

The MXA has the '20 CRF w/o gas at 238, which is 15lbs more than the KTM. So figure drop 3lbs at 235 and fill it up and you are 12lbs (ish) more still. 

8 minutes ago, hondamac said:

The weight if with a full tank of gas ready to ride. I'm not sure how other manufacturers do it. 

See the above post. MXA weighs all of the bikes at shootout time, same criteria (w/o fuel.) The 21 is about 3lbs less than the 20 which will put it around 12lbs more than a 21 KTM.

15 hours ago, phantom451 said:

Oh stop it! Get some cams from pro circuit. Get head work from them. Bore the throttle body. Open air box up more. Your lighter better bike will be insane! You will be impressed by a full top end build. PC is reliable as well. They use the very best pieces built by CP, and others. 

I'll stay quietly happy if you bypass all that and just send the ecu to Tokyo Mods....might get all that out of a full tune...

Try it out .?

During the winter when the bike was apart I tried to talk with Twisted on this but every time I called the "guy who does that" wasn't there and whoever I had on the phone didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I got busy and then spring came and I put bike back together.

I dont want to run any race gas, the motor is close stock but needs a bit of refinement. I tried the vented air box and even went 1 tooth up on rear sprocket. That made a difference BUT not what looking for. Its was jumped up a bit BUT not a refined delivery

Does the Tokyo mod use race gas?

• Helpful 1

Crazy. I still am not sure what the point of Gasgas MXers are, when the Husky is already a KTM clone (basically,) and why would anyone buy one instead of the other 2? Just weird business decision, in my opinion. And a red bike will not stand out, considering red is associated with Hondas. I dunno, just weird to me. That being said, the Gasgas looks every bit as cool as the Honda. That is really what the Huskys should have looked like, not the stupid shape that they went to in '19-now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lowmass said:

During the winter when the bike was apart I tried to talk with Twisted on this but every time I called the "guy who does that" wasn't there and whoever I had on the phone didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I got busy and then spring came and I put bike back together.

I dont want to run any race gas, the motor is close stock but needs a bit of refinement. I tried the vented air box and even went 1 tooth up on rear sprocket. That made a difference BUT not what looking for. Its was jumped up a bit BUT not a refined delivery

Does the Tokyo mod use race gas?

I think race fuel would be required to get that extra your looking for.  even the kawi on on its lean coupler or most aggressive likes race fuel.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ah665 said:

Crazy. I still am not sure what the point of Gasgas MXers are, when the Husky is already a KTM clone (basically,) and why would anyone buy one instead of the other 2? 

I would because I like the way it looks. If it's the same as the KTM I'll go for the red one

spacer.png

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Like 2

Ability to design in whatever flex u want is the beauty of steel

the way they are doing it , comparable flex in Al is a serious design problem

the Al frame design on Yamaha 2 strokes can probably be made to emulate whats possible with steel BUT may end up a bit heavier than steel 

• Like 2