Smacker601

My daughters new steed!

We found her a leftover 150xcw. Going from a crf150R to the full frame Ktm she looks way more comfortable while riding. She had no idea when she woke up this morning that she was getting a new bike. I ordered a lectron for it Wednesday when we bought it for her and I can’t wait for it to arrive. I’m not even going to bother messing with this carb. lol 

D1765BDF-4EAA-4722-A42A-9A8CC1592119.jpeg

B04259BB-FE39-43B2-9C79-DC84A185DBDE.jpeg

• Like 17

That's awesome!! Nothing better than riding with your kids!

• Like 4

Do you fancy adopting a 57yr old, you must be very special parents to spoil her like that. 👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, TX-SANDMAN said:

Sweet ride ... what an awesome dad.

Do I loose or gain man card points if I told you I got the wife to go buy it because I was at work. lol 

• Like 1

Nice same here. I went into mine choosing to go lectron vs. getting the TPI. rode it around in the yard with the stock carb just to make sure the engine wasn't going to blow up from the factory and needed warranty work. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dirtstache 556 said:

Nice same here. I went into mine choosing to go lectron vs. getting the TPI. rode it around in the yard with the stock carb just to make sure the engine wasn't going to blow up from the factory and needed warranty work. 

I have ended up taking the stock carb apart 3 times but I have it dialed in fairly well now. I’m still going to slap the lectron on as soon as it gets here. Now if my suspension guru will schedule me in I’ll get this beast where it can go fast. I’m a solid open B enduro racer and I cannot get this set of forks to settle into a turn. It’s like it has to little compression and is traveling to far into the stroke before it turns. She rode it for a hour today and I rode it for 30 minutes and was tinkering with the suspension but the compression knob must not be hooked up to anything. lol 

On 7/20/2020 at 11:26 PM, Smacker601 said:

I have ended up taking the stock carb apart 3 times but I have it dialed in fairly well now. I’m still going to slap the lectron on as soon as it gets here. Now if my suspension guru will schedule me in I’ll get this beast where it can go fast. I’m a solid open B enduro racer and I cannot get this set of forks to settle into a turn. It’s like it has to little compression and is traveling to far into the stroke before it turns. She rode it for a hour today and I rode it for 30 minutes and was tinkering with the suspension but the compression knob must not be hooked up to anything. lol 

That's the problem with the Xplorer forks not having a real mid-valve in the compression leg.  Easy fix with several aftermarket kits.  I went with the Dal Soggio XP1 kit and some custom valving.  I love them now.