2020 MotoGP - NO SPOILERS!!!

48 minutes ago, Dmouse said:

When you said this, I was thinking you'd watch the next day, not 3days!  Do you have any idea why Rossi DNFed?

Ya I've got it but I've DL's so many new TV shows etc not sure when I'll get a chance to actually watch it.

I might wait and DL the next few races and do a MotoGP marathon at some point in the next few weeks.

I was slightly surprised this race was actually on normal TV in the first place but I'm now getting interested and might watch tonight 🙂

If i figure out why Rossi DNF'd I'll post

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

There is a race on tonight?

I think he means he's gonna watch the weekends race tonight?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

There is a race on tonight?

I normally DL MotoGP, SX races etc the day after the race then watch at a later date.

I hate trying to stream anything or watch on my laptop which doesn't have HDMI out so I copy the races, TV shows, movies to a USB stick and watch in HD on my TV. Then I can pause, fast forward etc and there is no delay etc from streaming.

• Like 1

For me the best road race event of the year is Isle of Man

Great documentaries on YouTube but this is my favorite promo vid 

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Like 2

I recently DL'd a 4 hour show on the Isle of Mann. Great history but I've only gotten through about 1/2 of it.

It would definitely be cool to head over to the UK, rent some street bikes, ride out to watch the event (IMO not ride the event) then ride around the UK and maybe even Europe.

The whole Europe thing is on my biking bucket list and if I ever won the lottery I'd probably do a year or 2 riding and checking out some Hard Enduro, Dakar etc etc etc 🙂

2 hours ago, filterx said:

I recently DL'd a 4 hour show on the Isle of Mann. Great history but I've only gotten through about 1/2 of it.

It would definitely be cool to head over to the UK, rent some street bikes, ride out to watch the event (IMO not ride the event) then ride around the UK and maybe even Europe.

The whole Europe thing is on my biking bucket list and if I ever won the lottery I'd probably do a year or 2 riding and checking out some Hard Enduro, Dakar etc etc etc 🙂

When you find a dry road let me know

D687D96B-EE5F-474C-B7F3-38654F8B58FF.png.8ac210f073208a01900ec9a3fedb5358.png

Edited by MotorBoatin

15 hours ago, filterx said:

France with it's great variety of landscapes and twisty roads is absolutely fantastic to ride. Car drivers over there have consideration for motorbikes, and often make way for you for over taking. It doesn't need to be expensive, campings are everywhere and all sorts of private bikes can be rented too.

Edited by deanevo
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

6 hours ago, deanevo said:

France with it's great variety of landscapes and twisty roads is absolutely fantastic to ride. Car drivers over there have consideration for motorbikes, and often make way for you for over taking. It doesn't need to be expensive, campings are everywhere and all sorts of private bikes can be rented too.

Love the tiny little villages in the mountains. Very similar to my favorite, Switzerland and northern Italy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, deanevo said:

I'd love to ride several things in France 😁

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MotorBoatin said:

When you find a dry road let me know

D687D96B-EE5F-474C-B7F3-38654F8B58FF.png.8ac210f073208a01900ec9a3fedb5358.png

If I'm not mistaken there is a ferry from Liverpool and you can rent bikes on the Isle.

This years TT is cancelled but go info on the event, how to volunteer etc etc

https://www.iomttraces.com/

Otherwise sounds like you'd probably getting stuck in Blackpool getting drunk with all the punters 🙂

My listings are showing the next race, Red Bull Grand Prix of Andalucia, is on Sunday morning at 7:30am EST on NBCSN. They are also re-airing the Spanish GP before at 6am

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Love the tiny little villages in the mountains. Very similar to my favorite, Switzerland and northern Italy.

There is anything to find in france. The alps like switzerland, the riviera, canyons in the ardeche, the mediterranean sea, atlantic, the pyrenees mountain range, and even piney woods...

There is only 1 problem, there are french..

Edited by deanevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dmouse said:

My listings are showing the next race, Red Bull Grand Prix of Andalucia, is on Sunday morning at 7:30am EST on NBCSN. They are also re-airing the Spanish GP before at 6am

Looks like its just only the replay of last weeks race tomorrow on normal NBC at 11:30AM PST (Channel 135 Telus in BC Canada).

The MotoGP Calender shows tomorrows race is again at Circuito de Jerez SPAIN, then 8/9 Automotodrom Brno CZECH REPUBLIC.

https://www.motogp.com/en/calendar

I still have not watched last weeks race but check out at least the start to confirm that tomorrows is actually a replay of that race and not actually tomorrows race.

Otherwise I'll DL the 7/26 and at this point might just DL all of them and have a MotoGP marathon 🙂

DL'd was 1:40 hrs and FF 30mins to get to the race start.

Yes and maybe one of the best MotoGP races I've ever watched.

IMO its always extremely impressive to see the speeds and how they lay the bikes over and all I say is WTF MM and hope for the best.

31 minutes ago, filterx said:

DL'd was 1:40 hrs and FF 30mins to get to the race start.

Yes and maybe one of the best MotoGP races I've ever watched.

IMO its always extremely impressive to see the speeds and how they lay the bikes over and all I say is WTF MM and hope for the best.

The on-board shots filming the rider in front while cornering are impressive!!

Don't know if you even get NBCSN, but there is a race on live tomorrow morning at 7:30 am

On 7/24/2020 at 5:05 PM, 777654321 said:

I'd love to ride several things in France 😁

What are the names of these men?

:busted:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dmouse said:

The on-board shots filming the rider in front while cornering are impressive!!

Don't know if you even get NBCSN, but there is a race on live tomorrow morning at 7:30 am

Ya you mentioned tomorrows NBCSN race but I don't get it nor do I want to get up at 7:30AM on Sunday if I can help it otherwise I'll DL it on Monday 🙂

Some of the shots where it looks like the rider has a round mirror on the back so you see the rider behind him are pretty cool as well.

• Like 1