2020 MotoGP - NO SPOILERS!!!

21 minutes ago, Wally63 said:

What are the names of these men?

:busted:

• Like 1

I won't mention this mornings results, but I was pretty impressed Marquez gave it a whirl despite having surgery last week on his broken arm. He didn't line up for the main, but was involved in practice/qualifying

• Like 1

So who won?

This is PRO.  If you don't want to know the results, don't log in.  Ridiculous we can't know what happened here because one person complained. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

50 minutes ago, Dmouse said:

I won't mention this mornings results, but I was pretty impressed Marquez gave it a whirl despite having surgery last week on his broken arm. He didn't line up for the main, but was involved in practice/qualifying

Ya just back from an early DS ride on my 03 400e with a buddy you got a plated 2018 WR450.

Haven't been on some of my local trails in awhile and unfortunately some some them have gotten trashed but whole other story.

Just got home and ya it is actually the 2nd race and pleasantly surprised 🙂

I actually surprised Marquez even did the practice after lasts week high speed high side and slightly more surprised a couple of other dudes that crashed hard last week are actually racing today but young men recover quicker than I can at my age 🙂

5 minutes ago, Wally63 said:

So who won?

This is PRO.  If you don't want to know the results, don't log in.  Ridiculous we can't know what happened here because one person complained. 

They are ALL pro riders and for me on the west coast, the race is JUST on now and still 12 laps so if you want to know who won, go search the internet and  @MentalGuru  can you add PLEASE NO SPOILERS to my 2020 MotoGP topic?

Otherwise we can discuss race results etc next day or so after the race and you are more then welcome to post your on topic on the 2020 MotoGP if you want.

Have a NICE Sunday 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filterx said:

They are ALL pro riders and for me on the west coast, the race is JUST on now and still 12 laps so if you want to know who won, go search the internet and  @MentalGuru  can you add PLEASE NO SPOILERS to my 2020 MotoGP topic?

Otherwise we can discuss race results etc next day or so after the race and you are more then welcome to post your on topic on the 2020 MotoGP if you want.

Have a NICE Sunday 🙂

Done.   :prof:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wally63 said:

So awesome ---- got on the podium:applause:

SHHH!

• Haha 1

Ha Ha and Yamaha 1/2/3 and I'm sure the team is stoked 🙂

The Doctor still has what it takes and I know he wants to retire on top but MM looks like he'll be back for the Czech race in 2 weeks and might be a challenge for him to get back the points to win overall and IMO 2020 MotoGP has the drama and is looking like awesome so far 🙂

• Like 2

On 7/23/2020 at 5:33 PM, filterx said:

I recently DL'd a 4 hour show on the Isle of Mann. Great history but I've only gotten through about 1/2 of it.

It would definitely be cool to head over to the UK, rent some street bikes, ride out to watch the event (IMO not ride the event) then ride around the UK and maybe even Europe.

The whole Europe thing is on my biking bucket list and if I ever won the lottery I'd probably do a year or 2 riding and checking out some Hard Enduro, Dakar etc etc etc 🙂

England, Scotland, Isle of Mann, Wales. Easily fill 2 weeks, 3 better.  Fly into Birmingham, over to Triumph in Hinckley to pick up your bike.  UK roads are marvelous, beer just as good.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 8:34 AM, deanevo said:

France with it's great variety of landscapes and twisty roads is absolutely fantastic to ride. Car drivers over there have consideration for motorbikes, and often make way for you for over taking. It doesn't need to be expensive, campings are everywhere and all sorts of private bikes can be rented too.

Most western European drivers are bike aware and competent. Italy and east is whole different story.

I've followed Rossi since his first title on 125s.  Nothing sounds better in motorsports than the first lap of a 125GP!  Wife has signed bucket hat from his first 500 season.  A little background.

The text on his helmet refers to the name of his group of friends: "The Tribe of the Chihuahua," and the letters WLF on his leathers stand for "Viva La Figa," Italian for "Long Live Pussy." He has so far escaped any sanctions or ultimatums that he remove the letters because the "W" in "WLF" represents the two "V"s in "ViVa." Equally obvious is his success at escaping any disciplinary action from the FIM or Dorna Sports for having the letters so brazenly on the front neck area of his leathers. He traditionally also incorporates his favorite color (fluorescent yellow) into his leather designs. This has also earned him the nickname "Highlighter Pen”.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MentalGuru said:

Done.   :prof:

Politics should be this easy😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 777654321 said:

Politics should be this easy😁

Amen

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kcposty said:

I've followed Rossi since his first title on 125s.  Nothing sounds better in motorsports than the first lap of a 125GP!  Wife has signed bucket hat from his first 500 season.  A little background.

The text on his helmet refers to the name of his group of friends: "The Tribe of the Chihuahua," and the letters WLF on his leathers stand for "Viva La Figa," Italian for "Long Live Pussy." He has so far escaped any sanctions or ultimatums that he remove the letters because the "W" in "WLF" represents the two "V"s in "ViVa." Equally obvious is his success at escaping any disciplinary action from the FIM or Dorna Sports for having the letters so brazenly on the front neck area of his leathers. He traditionally also incorporates his favorite color (fluorescent yellow) into his leather designs. This has also earned him the nickname "Highlighter Pen”.

'La dolce figa'..😊

• Like 2

On 7/19/2020 at 1:28 PM, 777654321 said:

I use to watch a little street bike racing when a kid I knew went PRO decade plus ago. Jake Holden local kid ran with my buddies boy. Hed show up with his stock honda cr250 back aroun 01,02 and hang with the fast local pros on MX tracks. 

I think Holden ended up riding for Michael Jordan's team on a Suzuki and did pretty well. A few years ago Jake Gagne (factory Superbike rider in Moto America) qualified for the Utah mx national and almost finished in the points (he raced mx when he was a kid and still trains in the dirt.

Edited by lakeportmike
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lakeportmike said:

I think Holden ended up riding for Michael Jordan's team on a Suzuki and did pretty well. A few years ago Jake Gagne (factory Superbike rider in Moto America) qualified for the Utah mx national and almost finished in the points (he raced mx when he was a kid and still trains in the dirt.

Yes jake rode for jordon after having a Bardayl ride as a teenager. I may have spelled Bardayl wrong but he had a rig that held a car above the semi parked in his pits in high school. Haven't seen him in years his dad drove truck for Cecannti. Good times back then. SIR on friday nights pitted with Cartwright was some of the best nights ever. Couple Airstar lights used for paving at night lighting up out pits and disco balls under the easy ups.  We were hard to miss 😁

• Like 2

Are they racing this weekend?  I didn't see anything on the TV listings...