PhilthyX

2020 MotoGP - NO SPOILERS!!!

41 minutes ago, filterx said:

If anyone cares today's race is on normal NBC 1:30PM to 3:00 PM PST

My listings show football, NBCSN has it at 9pm

2 hours ago, Dmouse said:

My listings show football, NBCSN has it at 9pm

Ya no idea about NBCSN, but my normal free NBC is grouped with normal ABC/CBS/FOX on Telus as PST times.

I won't get around to actually watching this race until at least next weekend but looks like it's just you and me here so I can just ignore this topic until then  🙂

Rossi missed the last round with Covid-19, so I imagine he won't be there today either

I took my bike to the local road race track, it was a blast.  Really fun, but I'm far more afraid of crashing then in MX.  And seriously, they say a 50 year old takes 15 times longer than a 15 year to learn something so perhaps it's a bit late for me to pursue that.  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, mxaniac said:

I took my bike to the local road race track, it was a blast.  Really fun, but I'm far more afraid of crashing then in MX.  And seriously, they say a 50 year old takes 15 times longer than a 15 year to learn something so perhaps it's a bit late for me to pursue that.  

Ya leaning a street bike over at speeds scares the living crap out of me then watching them doing it at 200 or 300 KPH on a track in race and usually walking away from crashes is impressive.

All these dude are young, look like jockeys and have way way bigger balls than I had or have 🙂

7 minutes ago, filterx said:

Ya leaning a street bike over at speeds scares the living crap out of me then watching them doing it at 200 or 300 KPH on a track in race and usually walking away from crashes is impressive.

All these dude are young, look like jockeys and have way way bigger balls than I had or have 🙂

meh, that shit is easy, come on down with the drz and I'll have you sliding around on pavement in a day. 😲

Ya this sort of died and I've only watch a couple of the last races but the final is today.

Normal NBC at 11:30AM to 1:00PM PST if anyone is interested.

Glad they got the season run and looking forward to seeing next year and MM is back as long as he doesn't win every race 🙂

Edited by PhilthyX

I watched it live this morning, it was a lot like the last race, not too exciting until the last lap

22 minutes ago, PhilthyX said:

Ya I fell asleep and missed the end 🙂

:doh:

Hmmmm. Never knew there was even a MotoGP thread here. 🤔

I guess now that the season is over I’ll say it has been the best one since 2006 and 2000. 2018 was a great one too but seemed like either Marc or Dovizioso actually wanted to win the title whereas this year every contender tried their best not to. 

It will be strange without Dovizioso on the grid next year. I’ve been a huge fan of his since his 125 days. Mugello 2017 is one of my all time favourite races. Watching Dovi fly down the front straight at 350km/h with that Ducati almost throwing him off mid race was simply stunning. 

Good to see Suzuki grabbing another championship after a 20 year drought. Hopefully they can carry the momentum into next season!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Grimlock said:

Hmmmm. Never knew there was even a MotoGP thread here. 🤔

I guess now that the season is over I’ll say it has been the best one since 2006 and 2000. 2018 was a great one too but seemed like either Marc or Dovizioso actually wanted to win the title whereas this year every contender tried their best not to. 

It will be strange without Dovizioso on the grid next year. I’ve been a huge fan of his since his 125 days. Mugello 2017 is one of my all time favourite races. Watching Dovi fly down the front straight at 350km/h with that Ducati almost throwing him off mid race was simply stunning. 

Good to see Suzuki grabbing another championship after a 20 year drought. Hopefully they can carry the momentum into next season!

OT but I'll be posting a Dakar 2021 topic in Pro once it gets closer if your interested 🙂

Edited by PhilthyX