2019 shocks

Have a 2019 that is only mildly trail ridden & noticed after about 250 miles I have one (really bad) leaking front shock seal & the other is slowly starting to leak...anyone have advice on who to send them to to get a rebuild?  I don't need any real performance stuff, just want something solid that won't leak after a few trips.

Also has anyone else noticed their chain stretching like crazy?  I'm at the last adjustment line...any recommendations of chains that won't stretch so badly?

I've always paid the extra bucks for DID's ERT chains.   I used to run them motocross and their lifespan was great.   Now I'd probably go with the DID ERT3 X-ring chain.   You can probably find something cheaper, but I've always paid up if the bike was going to be in my garage for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Try taking a tear off and cut a small 1"~ wide portion and push it against the fork leg tube and up under your seals, and move around. Theres a good chance that you have some dirt in your seals and you can rescue them. 

If you don't need revalving, you have two options: 1. Make friends with your local MC shop. Any decent motorcycle shop will be able to do a set of fork seals. or, my preference; 2: buy yourself the manual and tools to do it yourself. Fork seals are not a hard job if you are mechanically inclined and have a manual and the proper tools. It will cost about as much as having someone do it the first time, but then the next time you need it done, it will only be about $30~ 

1 hour ago, thedude05 said:

Try taking a tear off and cut a small 1"~ wide portion and push it against the fork leg tube and up under your seals, and move around. Theres a good chance that you have some dirt in your seals and you can rescue them. 

If you don't need revalving, you have two options: 1. Make friends with your local MC shop. Any decent motorcycle shop will be able to do a set of fork seals. or, my preference; 2: buy yourself the manual and tools to do it yourself. Fork seals are not a hard job if you are mechanically inclined and have a manual and the proper tools. It will cost about as much as having someone do it the first time, but then the next time you need it done, it will only be about $30~ 

Thanks for the info!  I actually started doing some reading/youtube-ing after my post & see what you mean.  My local MC shop had one of the little plastic tools in stock so I bought one & yeah a ton of crap came out of there.  Going to check it in another day or two to see if that fixed it.  I have the manual & if I need seals going to do it myself...I don't like paying others for work I can do (only thing I really wont' get into are transmissions, I always seem to do more harm than good with those lol).

• Like 1