Aftermarket BIG Valve Cylinder Head

Just now, Doogee57 said:

Something you are quite familiar with, I'm sure.

Nope... Not that level of customization for me... Makes me tired just thinking about it...lol

9 hours ago, Momus said:

So link or details?

23 or 24 degrees for maximum torque is a very low number.

Like @Doogee57 says, Hammer doesn't offer much in the way of details, and the site isn't searchable, but here is a page that shows a 15 degree head (bottom of page):

https://www.1250kits.com/ttcheckingsquish.shtml

And here is a page showing the pistons (in this case, 30 degree, but you get the idea):

http://hammerperf.com/xltopend.shtml

8 hours ago, Old Plonker said:

Like @Doogee57 says, Hammer doesn't offer much in the way of details, and the site isn't searchable, but here is a page that shows a 15 degree head (bottom of page):

https://www.1250kits.com/ttcheckingsquish.shtml

And here is a page showing the pistons (in this case, 30 degree, but you get the idea):

http://hammerperf.com/xltopend.shtml

I'm getting the idea that perhaps they make things up.

If I had an engine mod that turned a mediocre design into worlds best regarding producing maximum torque at 23 degrees ignition lead, I'd have the evidence plastered all over my site.

Before 

Screenshot_20210123-040632.thumb.png.e5d4720efaa237919425360d3d7fe969.png

After 

Screenshot_20210123-040523.thumb.png.824d00cf9a8dc6f7a56125d5c252fae3.png

Before 

Screenshot_20210123-040755.thumb.png.7b4dc080f103580f278d9c3d6612b25a.png

After 

Screenshot_20210123-040845.thumb.png.24b8b613e253bea032528b7998c0d3de.png

Ask anyone who has made a living doing pro level port work or as a performance based engineer which has a better flowing port design and which short side radius will promote full flow to the entire periphery of the valve.... It will take them less than .001 seconds to answer...  

• Like 1

What has this to do with 23 degree ignition lead Harley Davidsons?

Re the port.

The first thing any pro engineer will say is 'show me the dyno results before and after'.

The second will be; 'do you have  flow test results and a velocity map for the entire intake of both port versions?'.

The third will be; 'why have you compromised the valve guide so much on a hobby engine?'.

Mine is;  'why do you argue by assertion rather than produce evidence?'

I see that Momus keeps popping in my tech thread....

The nice thing is that I have enabled the "retarded a-hole" filter so I don't actually read any of his posts😎

So I'm not going to read or reply to anything that attention seeking piggybacking post whore writes in my threads to get someone to actually read what he writes....😁

The super cool thing about this filter is it isn't member or person specific... It just filters out retarded blowhard content... So IF he actually does say something useful on his own instead of just riding me for the teenage girl level of attention he craves... I will be able to read those postings....

You gotta love this software technology 🤘 it's the programmable equivalent of pushing a button and having all the flies disappear from your picnic🌞

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mixxer said:

I see that Momus keeps popping in my tech thread....

The nice thing is that I have enabled the "retarded a-hole" filter so I don't actually read any of his posts😎

So I'm not going to read or reply to anything that attention seeking piggybacking post whore writes in my threads to get someone to actually read what he writes....😁

The super cool thing about this filter is it isn't member or person specific... It just filters out retarded blowhard content... So IF he actually does say something useful on his own instead of just riding me for the teenage girl level of attention he craves... I will be able to read those postings....

You gotta love this software technology 🤘 it's the programmable equivalent of pushing a button and having all the flies disappear from your picnic🌞

I put that communist on the ignore list and my experience on tt has gotten 10 times better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mixxer said: I have built race engines my entire life... Personally... For friends... For shops.. Commercially .... I'm only saying that for reference that I'm not unaccustomed to judging engine performance... 

If there's a faster XR100 based bike out there... I'd love to see it... I would line it up against ANY xr100 based engine with no hesitation whatsoever... This thing is more fun than a barrel of monkeys....🤘😎😁

You need to control yourself; this is too obvious but needs to be stated.

The people who made the parts you used; Takegawa and Shift Up and Kitaco offer engines with a lot more performance.

In other words many people who have bought Shift Up, Kitaco and Takegawa engines have faster XR100 based engines. 😉

Five valve engine. According to mixxer, the most reliable and durable valve train known to man. 

5 valva.jpg

Edited by Momus
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Momus said:

You need to control yourself; this is too obvious but needs to be stated.

The people who made the parts you used; Takegawa and Shift Up and Kitaco offer engines with a lot more performance.

In other words many people who have bought Shift Up, Kitaco and Takegawa engines have faster XR100 based engines. 😉

Five valve engine. According to mixxer, the most reliable and durable valve train known to man. 

5 valva.jpg

Works for me. 

C8EE37AE-397B-4877-9EFE-2E8ECB131373.png

C0757D33-9050-4B54-B148-8D7C1109CFA1.png

• Like 2