Kim Jong Ryan

Anyone have the Bajaworx windscreen on their 250l?

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I'm planning on doing the continental divide trail in August and have about 800 miles of highway riding just to get to it so I figured it's time to get a windscreen (and a good ass pad). 

The Bajaworx windscreen seems like it'd work well on & off road (and looks the best imo) but I've read a couple reports of people saying the wind was directed right at their helmet after installing it, making hwy riding not too fun. 

I was wondering if any of you guys have the Bajaworx windscreen on your crf250l and if you've had any wind buffeting problems. Would you take it on technical singletrack or take it off before doing some major offroading?

I'm 6'1" by the way - I figure height might be relevant.

Thanks

Edited by Kim Jong Ryan

1 hour ago, Kim Jong Ryan said:

Hey guys, I'm planning on doing the continental divide trail in August and have about 800 miles of highway riding just to get to it so I figured it's time to get a windscreen (and a good ass pad). 

The Bajaworx windscreen seems like it'd work well on & off road (and looks the best imo) but I've read a couple reports of people saying the wind was directed right at their helmet after installing it, making hwy riding not too fun. 

I was wondering if any of you guys have the Bajaworx windscreen on your crf250l and if you've had any wind buffeting problems. Would you take it on technical singletrack or take it off before doing some major offroading?

I'm 6'1" by the way - I figure height might be relevant.

Thanks

I run a small screen on my 701 and do technical trails with it. No problems, and it makes the highway parts much easier on ya. 

20200718_144419.jpg

Man that looks like some awesome riding there! Good to know a little windscreen like that can make a difference on the freeway. I'm just trying to figure out if anyone's had some buffeting problems with the bajaworx one I'm thinking of ordering. It'd suck to spend $125 and not be able to use it

I installed the Bajaworx rally screen on both 2019 L's that we just got. Honestly, I don't notice any "improvement" or hinderance to riding. No buffeting, and no particular protection, either. They look cool. I would have preferred the smoked option, but I didn't buy them.