dhdrider

Beta2Stroke The only thing harder to wait on than a shipment of parts is...

The arrival of your new-to-you bike!  The guy I found through uShip sent a pic of it being loaded up yesterday and now I wait until Friday afternoon for it to get here.  It's a 2019 250 RR Race Edition.  Looking forward to start learning all I need to know form all of you in making the leap into the Beta world.

IMG_5285.JPG

• Like 10

These are nail biters for sure. waiting and waiting. UPS now offers "follow your delivery" and honestly I think that is worse, when I can see the truck is on the next block over then turns the other way again and again, then shows up hours later. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Go get a tube of dielectric grease to have ready.

Liquid electrical tape also works great.  

If you decide to revalve forks send them to motoxgiant here on the forum. I love my 250, in part due to the suspension. Best bike ive ever ridden and although its getting clapped out im having a hard time letting it go. Enjoy it! I'm envious. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Go get a tube of dielectric grease to have ready.

Is this a comment about Betas in general or something specific to what I've bought?

17 minutes ago, jmgatx said:

If you decide to revalve forks send them to motoxgiant here on the forum. I love my 250, in part due to the suspension. Best bike ive ever ridden and although its getting clapped out im having a hard time letting it go. Enjoy it! I'm envious. 

I’ll see what it feels like.  I’ll be respringing it for my weight and see where I need to go from there. It has the Ohlins rear on it - that was an option in the build your own Beta program if I am not mistaken. If I am mistaken then I’m sure someone can correct me. 😁

16 hours ago, dhdrider said:

The arrival of your new-to-you bike!  The guy I found through uShip sent a pic of it being loaded up yesterday and now I wait until Friday afternoon for it to get here.  It's a 2019 250 RR Race Edition.  Looking forward to start learning all I need to know form all of you in making the leap into the Beta world.

IMG_5285.JPG

Is this a new bike or was it owned by another person.  They may have addressed these problems I had on my 19 300re. Change coolant, take green thing off bottom of gas cap. Stock coolant sucks and mine would leave a puddle under bike after a ride.  The green part under gas cap would cause bubbling sound in gas tank that sounded like coolant boiling.  Other than that great bike.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

Is this a new bike or was it owned by another person.  They may have addressed these problems I had on my 19 300re. Change coolant, take green thing off bottom of gas cap. Stock coolant sucks and mine would leave a puddle under bike after a ride.  The green part under gas cap would cause bubbling sound in gas tank that sounded like coolant boiling.  Other than that great bike.

Isn't the green thing a check valve to allow proper  venting (one direction only)? Does everyone remove this?

Should all electrical connections be filled/coated with dielectric?

Posted (edited)

Yes ,yes and yes. Green thingy doesn't work properly imo.

Edited by Edgecombe

2 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

Yes ,yes and yes. Green thingy doesn't work properly imo.

Great 👍 I'd assume standard coolant is your basic green variety. Engine Ice worth it? 

1 minute ago, Wayne Main said:

Great 👍 I'd assume standard coolant is your basic green variety. Engine Ice worth it? 

I only use engine ice, so that's what I used. Been problem free every since. 

3 hours ago, Edgecombe said:

New to me, but bike has 30hrs on it.  I'll be sure to check these things out, thanks...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NW_drZ said:

Liquid electrical tape also works great.  

i use to use liquid electric tape, but found after time it hardens and cracks, and those cracks then transfer into wire and cause them to break as well. So it's back to shrink tube for me, and standard electrical tape, Just a FYI, your mileage may vary. 

7 minutes ago, rharr said:

i use to use liquid electric tape, but found after time it hardens and cracks, and those cracks then transfer into wire and cause them to break as well. So it's back to shrink tube for me, and standard electrical tape, Just a FYI, your mileage may vary. 

Interesting, i wonder if your conditions in Arizona have anything to do with it?, i haven't experienced that.  I usually just fill in the back end where the wire goes into the connecter so no water can seep through.  This method has worked great with my race harness on my 250RR.  It's still flexible 2 years later.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NW_drZ said:

Interesting, i wonder if your conditions in Arizona have anything to do with it?, i haven't experienced that.  I usually just fill in the back end where the wire goes into the connecter so no water can seep through.  This method has worked great with my race harness on my 250RR.  It's still flexible 2 years later.  

Not sure, my garage does get up to 115 some times, but the plastics and rubbers have held up, it's just the liquid tape that hardens after about 3 years. I used it on my 05 450x like 5 years ago on a trail tech speedo to seal wires and after about 3 years it got hard and started cracking then a year later my wires started cracking. So I ended up carefully cutting the goo off with a razor to prevent any further damage.  

Just keep an eye on it is all I am saying.

Edited by rharr
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, dhdrider said:

Is this a comment about Betas in general or something specific to what I've bought?

From stories here it helps with keeping the electrical connections from developing corrosion, etc. A general issue with Beta electrical.

Edited by Piney Woods
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

It showed up and is in as good or better shape than I expected. So all is well for now. Need to get it jetted so I can let er rip.

Now time to add all the goodies I’ve gotten.  Quick question though: I ordered a P3 pipe guard and it’s not even close to fitting (Realized it was for an FMF pipe).  What pipe protection options are there for the Factory Arrow Exhaust?

EDIT: I guess P3 makes a pipe guard for the FMF and factory exhaust but RMATV only carries the FMF. So I’m assuming the Arrow exhaust is OEM?

9DF7C183-60CA-470D-BC8D-5DD69DC4C129.jpeg

Edited by dhdrider
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dhdrider said:

It showed up and is in as good or better shape than I expected. So all is well for now. Need to get it jetted so I can let er rip.

Now time to add all the goodies I’ve gotten.  Quick question though: I ordered a P3 pipe guard and it’s not even close to fitting (Realized it was for an FMF pipe).  What pipe protection options are there for the Factory Arrow Exhaust?

EDIT: I guess P3 makes a pipe guard for the FMF and factory exhaust but RMATV only carries the FMF. So I’m assuming the Arrow exhaust is OEM?

9DF7C183-60CA-470D-BC8D-5DD69DC4C129.jpeg

Yes, arrow is oem on the 19. Clean bike. Looks like you got some extra goodies on it to.

Edited by Edgecombe