ThumperTalk

Honda Ridgeline Haters: get out your pitchforks & torches!

JD Power has crowned the Honda Ridgeline the highest midsized "pickup" in customer satisfaction according to those surveyed:
https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shopping-guides/top-5-2020-midsize-pickups-by-customer-satisfaction?make=&model=

image.png

Top 5 Trucks* for 2020

• Honda Ridgeline
  • Ford Ranger
  • GMC Canyon (tie with Ranger)
  • Jeep Gladiator
  • Chev Colorado
  • and deadlast, the mighty Toyota Tacoma 😯

What say you? Is JD Power full of you know what? Spot on? Let the truck fanboy war begin!😁

* If your truck doesn't run on oil it's not a truck!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Doctor Impostor said:

Midsized truck? For men's men and their little yapp dogs. Does the ridgeline come with a wireless hotspot for surfing Grindr?

My GM did, but am not paying for what is essentially another cell phone that only does data.  I was hoping it was a satellite based service, but no.

• Helpful 1

It looks to me like jd is trying to push compact trucks, probably something to do with religious ideals and climate.

Compact trucks do not get better gas mileage from my experience, and sometimes worse.

The ridgeline is not a truck, its a cack.

• Haha 3

Midsize cucks serve a purpose. They're great for apartment dwellers or people who don't tow anything and just need to haul the occasional bag o mulch or bicycle or plastic kyak. They're also superior for road hunting. Seems like the majority of midsize trucks around here are driven by the butch golf/softball lady crowd. Manlier than a Subaru but not offensively masculine is the sweet spot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s definitely not a truck it’s a trar but if the bikes fit and the price is right sometimes you just gotta buy what works. She’s got high miles but so far it’s been a great light duty extremely comfortable butchwagon. 😝

A705CA75-6865-431D-BC44-C1744CCB736F.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, EzLivn said:

It’s definitely not a truck it’s a trar but if the bikes fit and the price is right sometimes you just gotta buy what works. She’s got high miles but so far it’s been a great light duty extremely comfortable butchwagon. 😝

A705CA75-6865-431D-BC44-C1744CCB736F.jpeg

I think there's a more than passing correlation of dudes running trials tires and compact trucks. 😆

• Haha 5

First year out:

If they started the Ridgeline with a single cab and a 4 cylinder with a longer bed... 2wheel drive only. 

Then offered the same vehicle with the short bed that’s on them now. 

Second year:

Added 4wd and, kept 2wd, added crew cab in 4cyl and V-6, power.
Still same short bed and long bed versions. 

Anything Honda builds with a V6 all get shitty mileage. 

3rd year sales, I suspect would have been through the roof by then.  Been nice if they started improving the mileage on the V6 engines a mpg or two every year after that until now days. 
 Full sized domestic 1500 V6 Fords  and V-8, Chevys get much better mpg than a Ridgeline.

Maybe a 2.4 L turbo 4 cylinder by now and just kill the same old V6 with lousy mileage and timing belt replacement expense. 

IMO:
Honda missed out with lackluster Ridgeline sales all because of the above. 

5 minutes ago, adnohguy said:

First year out:

If they started the Ridgeline with a single cab and a 4 cylinder with a longer bed... 2wheel drive only. 

Second year:

3rd year sales, I suspect would have been through the roof by then.  Been nice if they started improving the mileage on the V6 engines a mpg or two every year after that until now days. 
 Full sized domestic 1500 V6 Fords  and V-8, Chevys get much better mpg than a Ridgeline.

Maybe a 2.4 L turbo 4 cylinder by now and just kill the same old V6 with lousy mileage and timing belt replacement expense. 

IMO:

Not that I care...but it never came with a 4, only the gas loving 6 and according to Honda it was one of their most profitable vehicles. 🤷🏻‍♂️ They’ll never be able to break into the domestic pickup market imo. 

52 minutes ago, Doctor Impostor said:

I think there's a more than passing correlation of dudes running trials tires and compact trucks. 😆

So put on a knobby and shred the land you’ve been given permission to ride🤷🏻‍♂️...juvenile. 

• Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, EzLivn said:

So put on a knobby and shred the land you’ve been given permission to ride🤷🏻‍♂️...juvenile. 

The biggest one I can find. They just look better in the back of Muh Dodge. What a knobby lacks in traction can always be made up in wheelspin. 👊😆

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, adnohguy said:

First year out:

Second year:

IMO:

GM's inline 6 diesel in a full size truck gets better mileage than the 4 cyl diesel in the compact trucks, and has twice the power.  

• Like 1

I really really like the midsize trucks. We have had a ranger and two Dakotas. Dakotas by far the best but no longer made. I wanted to like the new Ridgeline but the abysmal front end and ridiculous price has me waiting for next years new Dakota. About 10K too high. The mpg does not bother me. All I do with a truck is haul a lawnmower or my bike so have no need for full size. My Dakotas drove great, fit in my garage with no issue and weren't stupid tall like the full size stuff now. Looking hard at the revised Ranger and the new Dakota.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kxlubber said:

Would Honda owners say anything but praise...  what would the cult think? 🤔 

True, but why didn't Tacoma owners praise at the same level? Tacofanboydom is pretty legendary.

• Like 1

I like Honda cars. I would totally rock a Honda Ridgeline. What's with all the whining about fuel economy? Go buy a Prius C and rip off the hatchback so you can drop in your beauty bark and sand castle making equipment. Real men don't whine about MPG.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife and I were stopped for gas when a dude with a little truck pulled in towing a nice big boat. Mrs. LSHD whispered to me, "I guess he spent so much money on the boat he couldn't afford a man's truck". Any thought I ever had of buying a mid size immediately and permanently disappeared. 😁

Edited by LSHD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, adnohguy said:

First year out:

Second year:

IMO:

I disagree. They decided to make a truck that didn't look like a truck for truck buyers that wanted a truck to look like a truck.

• Haha 2