Replace wire in signal light connector?

Can you replace the wires in the 2 pin connector? I jumped the gun cutting the connector off and a friend had the male ends so I could have kept this together.

I’ve watched a video showing removing the pins with a safety pin but I can’t figure out which way these release.

image.jpg

If I'm not mistaken you can use a jeweler's flat head screw driver or something similar to go in from the wire side and get the pin for each wire out.

Clipboard01.jpg.113ff858e910ce23c530ac9d5c006f5f.jpg

Then you would either need to remove the pins from the wires and re crimp or find new correct pins witch might be a huge hassled

Otherwise maybe get new female/male connectors, cut off the other one and make new connections with waterproof/non waterproof connectors ?

Or not sure how often you disconnect these but cut the other end off and just splice the wires together using crimp type bullet connectors and either electrical tape or shrink tube or just wire to wire then tape or tube depending on how waterproof you want to make them and if you need do disconnect or not.

Lots of waterproof/non waterproof options with these.

200pcs-100-pairs-lot-Bullet-Connectors-C

As a tip, if when you cut a connector off, leave at least 2" of wire in the connector so you can splice back if needed but kinda of obvious 🙂

Hope this helps

Edited by filterx
  • Like 1

Very easy to do ,  hard to describe , but  here goes ..   look at where wires go in ..  it should look kinda like a      T       on top of wire ,     bottom side of T   slide a vert thin screwdriver in on opposite side where wire goes in  ,   to release  locking clip ....   hope that helps ....

• Like 1

I cut the wires so short, I can’t seem to pry the connect and pull the wire. I decided to buy some male and female butt connectors. Crimped then on, put some heat shrink around the crimp and added dialectric grease in the connection.

• Like 1