William w

Fmf programmer settigs

Hi just purchased a 2013 crf250l with fmf exhaust and intake mod need to know what settings to set this programmer at any help would be great

8962D983-EF27-46A3-919A-DE2FD28E927F.jpeg

• Like 1

The FMF Power Programmer is a rebadged EJK FI Programmer, so the settings are the same. 

https://www.srmoto.com/honda-crf250l-efi-programmers/

Here are some of my notes. 

1000ft elevation & hot Texas weather. 

EJK set to 1.5, 2.0, 3.5 - 4/29/16 (airbox)

EJK set to 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 - 4/30/16 (seemed rich)

EJK set to 1.5, 2.5, 4.5 - 5/4/16 (pipe)

Test EJK settings to try:

( 2 / 3 / 5.5  * 5.5 / 3.5 / 4.5)

• Like 1

Here’s a great thread in this forum on the EJK/FMF. 

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1190028-almost-1-year-review-but-these-ejk-settings-gave-me-9mph/#entry13157861

And finally more notes I took from another post years ago:

EJK settings bottom line IMO: Explore what works for your engine, riding preference, and economy vs power desires. 

Dobeck's default settings for stage one produce more power than lower numbers. They are not 'too rich' as some suggest, but they do produce considerably more carbon buildup in the exhaust and spark arrestor. choices and consequences. 

Lower numbers provide greater economy at the expense of some power. I prefer optimal power without being silly or wasteful, so my 'current' (I play endlessly with the EJK) settings are: 

2, 3, 6, 4, 3, 3.5. My cruise 'Green' setting is reduced to 2 to improve economy without noticeably reducing power. The switch point (last 3 numbers) are reduced from Dobeck's defaults to kick in the added fuel (first 3 numbers) just a tad sooner. That improves throttle response, assuming you've got things tuned well enough to cope with that. You can to 2.5 on the blue/yellow and blue/red, but don't go below 4 on the blue/green switch point (it can cause stalling at stops). 

My performance mods are:

-- 2.5 inch I.D. custom fab'd snorkel

-- K&N air filter

-- Full Yoshi RS-4 Comp Series exhaust with spark arrestor instead of low volume insert, plus a custom fab'd decibel reducer.

-- Completely removed the PAIR system

-- Gearing: 14 tooth drive and 42 tooth driven

-- Krieger manual CCT

-- O2 Sensor is currently 'connected.' I have explored disconnecting it many times. Disconnecting improves low end, but at a cost of 3 - 4 mpg (imperial). If you disconnect the O2 Sensor, you should tweak the green and yellow fuel settings, and also the blue/green and blue/yellow switch points to get the most out of it.j

Thank you very much for your help was having a hard time finding any info on it now I know the other one replaced it glad I signed up thanks again for all the info 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new bike. Lots of info here and some very active facebook groups for the CRF250L. 

1053E87C-8BB3-4419-B6D6-9C4C6FAA05F5.jpeg