lotus54

Electric Motion Escape R

Now that the release is official, I can show the bike I ordred a month or more ago. EM Escape ‘R’   With real clutch.   I’ll probably get it in about a month, can’t wait!

647155F8-DC96-49F1-B42E-7A61CB276BC8.png

• MAX SPEED 70KM/H
  • RANGE 61KM
  • WEIGHT 85KG
  • TORQUE 600NM
  • ROAD LEGAL 125CM3

F566B306-BF0F-48FC-96F6-29BF837143A1.jpeg

DIAPHRAGM CLUTCH

The Escape “R” model is equipped with a diaphragm clutch with a hydraulic control, made for competition.

The engine flywheel coupled with a set of different balancing weights allows several inertia settings.

Essential system for the high-level competitors, here is what will make them clear the highest obstacles, with a perfect control.

image.png

0773FB7A-43B6-4DB0-82DD-BA221C4388AF.jpeg

• Like 4

It ruins all who rides it!!!  I may have to add the clutch but the wife won’t like it 😯

• Like 1

Just put a deposit down with Frank!

• Like 2

It looks like the Escape is designed not to have the seat quickly removed for trials riding. This trials bike with a seat has the same problem of the other brands that have the seat option, with the seat height too low and footpegs too far back. I have a Montesa 4RT that I am converting to fit like a 4Ride with the seat height just below the top of the steering head and the pegs moved forward. It feels like a trail bike with a cushy 8 inch wide seat.

My understanding is the Escape battery goes up into the area above the frame- the bodywork is designed to cover it.

But the new model Escape has the smaller battery so could have it removed I believe.

I never had any issues with the seat on my OSSA Explorer during trials competitions- BUT of course I was novice, then intermediate.  So no need for many contortions.   Of course, it was not good to ride except on roads sitting, or someplace that the brush is so bad I could not see and had a foot or two down.

I don’t know how much the epure line battery costs (I’m sure not cheap)- but that could be an option for someone wanting to do competitions and still have the longer range of the Escape.

I bet most people who buy trials bikes with seats never take the seat off so they should make the seat and riding position comfortable for sitting. I'd like to see EM make something like the KTM Freeride E but around 180 lbs. 

I also ordered the Escape-R.... looking like shipping delay puts these to the east coast at the end of September now... which means probably end of October for me in Maui! So excited to get mine!!!!!!!

I could get it very end of September, but I’m not counting on it.

Hopefully they will air freight to you?     I’m missing the summer riding with it, but I ride all year around so will still have lots of use.  It does sound like it is worth waiting for 2021 model in any case, plus it won’t be a ‘one-off’ but a standard model.

1 hour ago, nadrojp said:

I also ordered the Escape-R.... looking like shipping delay puts these to the east coast at the end of September now... which means probably end of October for me in Maui! So excited to get mine!!!!!!!

How much shipped to you in maui?

On 8/27/2020 at 11:25 AM, shutds said:

How much shipped to you in maui?

I think it ended up being 11.6k 😕

My bike is boxed up, ready for pickup (in France).

Now the long wait until it gets to the States, through customs and of course to me.  I ordered the Homologated version (with lights) to make plating easier.   The models by next summer probably will be 50 state legal (I’ll have to do the WA state ‘plate a dirt bike’ method).

• Like 3

On 9/11/2020 at 6:58 AM, lotus54 said:

My bike is boxed up, ready for pickup (in France).

Now the long wait until it gets to the States, through customs and of course to me.  I ordered the Homologated version (with lights) to make plating easier.   The models by next summer probably will be 50 state legal (I’ll have to do the WA state ‘plate a dirt bike’ method).

Let us know when you get yours... that means mine will be about a week or two away at that point! Yeeeew!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nadrojp said:

Let us know when you get yours... that means mine will be about a week or two away at that point! Yeeeew!

I was told the ship is due in Savannah the 24th (seems a long time, but probably making other stops). Then direct to my dealer (after customs etc).  At least that is my understanding.

• Like 1

The new EM Escape R looks to be an amazing bike. I have a 2016 EM Sport and am always blown away with the things I can do on it. Sadly with mine not having the newest battery technology, I only get an hour and a half of play time then need 45 minutes to recharge. For me this is ok though cause mine is simply a toy to play with on the trails around my house that I'd never get away with riding on with a loud gasser. I bought the quick release seat for this bike and used it a few times but like the bike a whole lot better without. A trials bike is not a trials bike when you sit down. Ride one for a while and build the strength needed to stand and you can stand all damn day without issue. The power (torque) these bikes have is insane. The traction and control you get from an electric motor vs a gas one is simply amazing. I've climbed rock slabs on my EM that would be an issue for me on my Sherco 300 Factory trials bike. Not having to worry about a clutch and stalling the bike on an insane hill climb is huge. You can slow to a snail's pace, get your balance or move around then simply roll the throttle and effortlessly continue. Its going to be interesting to see where the electric bikes of the future will take us, I honestly think they will soon take events like Ersberg by storm once battery tech catches up. 

Imagine a bike like my EM Sport that weighs 150lbs and a good portion of that is the battery. Now all of a sudden you drop in a new super light weight battery and electric motor and your trials bike is now less than 100lbs with more torque than a 300cc gasser. That's going to be a crazy unfair advantage over anything with a gas engine and a tank full of fuel. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Pittbull said:

The new EM Escape R looks to be an amazing bike. I have a 2016 EM Sport and am always blown away with the things I can do on it. Sadly with mine not having the newest battery technology, I only get an hour and a half of play time then need 45 minutes to recharge. For me this is ok though cause mine is simply a toy to play with on the trails around my house that I'd never get away with riding on with a loud gasser. I bought the quick release seat for this bike and used it a few times but like the bike a whole lot better without. A trials bike is not a trials bike when you sit down. Ride one for a while and build the strength needed to stand and you can stand all damn day without issue. The power (torque) these bikes have is insane. The traction and control you get from an electric motor vs a gas one is simply amazing. I've climbed rock slabs on my EM that would be an issue for me on my Sherco 300 Factory trials bike. Not having to worry about a clutch and stalling the bike on an insane hill climb is huge. You can slow to a snail's pace, get your balance or move around then simply roll the throttle and effortlessly continue. Its going to be interesting to see where the electric bikes of the future will take us, I honestly think they will soon take events like Ersberg by storm once battery tech catches up. 

Imagine a bike like my EM Sport that weighs 150lbs and a good portion of that is the battery. Now all of a sudden you drop in a new super light weight battery and electric motor and your trials bike is now less than 100lbs with more torque than a 300cc gasser. That's going to be a crazy unfair advantage over anything with a gas engine and a tank full of fuel. 

I only ordered the Escape for the larger battery and I will honestly never use the seat. I know it will be a bit more cumbersome than my old gasgas 300 but that extra range will be a necessity for me on longer rides. I am super stoked on the clutch as I ride in the jungle in rain and rivers with loose hill climbs and I see the surron guys struggling with traction (and digging up my goddamn trails) since they cannot modulate their wheel spin very well... hoping they come up with an even better battery in the next couple years and make it swappable to my bike.

• Like 3

It's also funny to me when I ride hard enduro trails with the homies and they call my trialler a cheater bike. Some of them have no idea what it's like to ride for 4 hours standing up and having your arms, legs and core being 80% of the required suspension hahahahaha.

• Like 4

This is the reason why I bought mine. At the time I figured out real quick that with the current tech available at the time that it would not replace a gasser for big days. I'm thinking that the new ones can, especially this new Escape with its big 40 amp/hr battery. My little Sport only has the 25 amp/hr battery and at best only gives me an hour and a half.

• Like 4