lotus54

Electric Motion Escape R

Regarding obtaining the homologation (lighting, horn, etc) kit:    I emailed with Mark at CPD today, he says they are in some "interesting" conversations with EM France right now as there is a BIG difference in price between ordering the (global) homologated bike like lotus54 did, vs buying the exact same "Global On Road Kit" as an accessory.   I don't know how big yet, I'm waiting to find that out, but.. that sounds like a big bummer, since it's too late now to change my order without waiting another 4+ months.   They were not marketing the global homologated version in the US since it's technically not street legal (NHTSC standards).  The catch is Washington State has some laws that make it easy to get a plate for an offroad bike with basic equipment requirements, and lotus54 and his dealer got that figured out sooner than me.   CPD is supposed to have the official US homologated version available after the first of the year.

Bottom line - If you want to get it plated for the street, make sure you buy a homologated version from the start.  I'll update when I get updated information on the cost of the kit.

2 hours ago, GrahamM78 said:

Regarding obtaining the homologation (lighting, horn, etc) kit:    I emailed with Mark at CPD today, he says they are in some "interesting" conversations with EM France right now as there is a BIG difference in price between ordering the (global) homologated bike like lotus54 did, vs buying the exact same "Global On Road Kit" as an accessory.   I don't know how big yet, I'm waiting to find that out, but.. that sounds like a big bummer, since it's too late now to change my order without waiting another 4+ months.   They were not marketing the global homologated version in the US since it's technically not street legal (NHTSC standards).  The catch is Washington State has some laws that make it easy to get a plate for an offroad bike with basic equipment requirements, and lotus54 and his dealer got that figured out sooner than me.   CPD is supposed to have the official US homologated version available after the first of the year.

Bottom line - If you want to get it plated for the street, make sure you buy a homologated version from the start.  I'll update when I get updated information on the cost of the kit.

My bike did NOT come with the Homologation kit installed. So I have been able to see the ‘standard’ offroad lighting and the full kit.

Some of the parts might be sort of expensive to buy on their own (speedo, DC/DC converter) and it appears the speedo is pretty specific.  (So far I have not been able to make it work, the tech guy at CPD is in conversation with France to find out why).

But all the lights work just fine. I plan on the dual-plate tomorrow, as long as the place knows how to do it. The county DOL is out weeks for an appt (big spike in covid here right now), so I’m trying a private one.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lotus54 said:

But all the lights work just fine. I plan on the dual-plate tomorrow, as long as the place knows how to do it. The county DOL is out weeks for an appt (big spike in covid here right now), so I’m trying a private one.  

What is the dual-plate? I thought "motorcycles" got a regular plate.

Are you talking about the plates like you can get for a side by side? Where they have an on-road and off-road tab. If so why this style instead of the regular plate?

Just now, CoronaCarl said:

What is the dual-plate? I thought "motorcycles" got a regular plate.

Are you talking about the plates like you can get for a side by side? Where they have an on-road and off-road tab. If so why this style instead of the regular plate?

Off road vehicle plate, and street plate.   It is a special method to get a dirt bike street plated.  It has to meet all the Washington State requirements, but not very hard to do.

I’ve done quite a few dirt bikes that way.

1 minute ago, lotus54 said:

Off road vehicle plate, and street plate.   It is a special method to get a dirt bike street plated.  It has to meet all the Washington State requirements, but not very hard to do.

I’ve done quite a few dirt bikes that way.

My RZR is plated like that.

I thought if you jumped through the hoops you got a regular plate for dirt bikes just as if it was always a street legal motorcycle. Or am I missing something?

10 minutes ago, CoronaCarl said:

My RZR is plated like that.

I thought if you jumped through the hoops you got a regular plate for dirt bikes just as if it was always a street legal motorcycle. Or am I missing something?

You get a ‘regular’ street plate, AND a OHV plate.

But the title notes it is a ‘converted off-road motorycle’

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lotus54 said:

My bike did NOT come with the Homologation kit installed. So I have been able to see the ‘standard’ offroad lighting and the full kit.

Yes I saw in your pics they came in a box but sold with the bike.  But apparently if you want to buy that same box of parts, but ordered a NH, you will have to pay a lot more for the exact same box of parts than the premium you paid for the H version over NH. 

Good luck, hopefully you have no issues with the private licensing office.   The paperwork requirements look relatively easy from looking at DOL /  RCW.. 

• Like 1

I’ve done it through regular DOL offices a number of times with no problems.  If the private office doesn’t know how, I’ll just have to have some some notorized and use the drop box

I've had good luck getting my paperwork processed at my local private licensing office, Sno Falls Licensing in North Bend. The last one I did not to long ago, my '05 Beta 525, Frank in Bellevue did the inspection, then I took the paperwork over to the private licensing office in NB. Forked over a crazy amount of cash and walked out with my plate.

Edited by Woods_Rider
  • Like 1

This is a very rough first video.  I plan on doing  a much better one later.  But perhaps someone else has the box to install.

Edited by lotus54
  • Like 1

I found out the wiring for the FRB (Fixed Regenerative Braking) from John U.  So I wired up the ‘under bar’ thumb button I found. 

I have not gotten on the trails with it to test, but around the yard it very definitely slowed the bike down a bunch. I hope a decent amount of regen.  Super easy to reach without ‘unwrapping’ the thumb and can operate the clutch at the same time. 

B1DB3DB1-8DEF-4E01-80AA-0D20B487162F.jpeg

• Like 4

On 11/22/2020 at 8:00 PM, LordExplorer said:

Where are you all ordering your EM? I heard mention of Frank. Is he a dealer connected to the forum? I live in CO and closest dealer I see is Utah but I’m fine ordering from someone on here, especially if he’s offering discounts. Did the guys who bought one, able to get discounts? 

I’m looking at the Escape R. I ride a 701 enduro normally and also have a SurRon. The SurRon is awesome fun but it’s small for me (6’3” and 225lbs). Love the idea of these EM! 

I emailed the distributor (CPD) inquiring about ordering and they mentioned there's a dealer coming to Denver soon-ish, like a couple months. I don't really have much more info, but I imagine they'll appear on the dealer list at some point.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, lotus54 said:

I found out the wiring for the FRB (Fixed Regenerative Braking) from John U.  So I wired up the ‘under bar’ thumb button I found. 

I have not gotten on the trails with it to test, but around the yard it very definitely slowed the bike down a bunch. I hope a decent amount of regen.  Super easy to reach without ‘unwrapping’ the thumb and can operate the clutch at the same time. 

B1DB3DB1-8DEF-4E01-80AA-0D20B487162F.jpeg

Looks great 

On 10/9/2020 at 11:26 AM, HeavyRotationClassic said:

Does it come with baguettes? 

People that buy these were already born that way. thumbsx2.gif.97b4cf09e974b956a8b5932af6df478b.gif

Hi, there 

There is more on the market like the revx e bike,

And the cyber e bike with good radius and plenty power. They are build in Tsjechië, the cyber e bike is starting to make IT road legal.

See YouTube.