dieguito

Beta2Stroke Fork bleeders for 300RR 2020?

Hi,

Does anyone know of fork bleeders available for Beta 300RR 2020? I cannot find any that are compatible with 2020 apparently on any Beta or dirt bike online shops? Preferably if I can buy from a store in the US, thanks.

Why would the 2020 fork bleeders be any different than those of earlier years?

• Helpful 1

On 7/30/2020 at 10:38 AM, Chas_M said:

Why would the 2020 fork bleeders be any different than those of earlier years?

It seems they aren’t compatible:

STR Fork Bleeders. Fits 2012-'18 RR 2-stroke & 2015-'18 RS/RR-S 4-stroke (except 125 RR-S) Fits '19+ 2T & 4T Race Editions, not standard '19 RR or RR-S & 2020 Race Editions.

On 7/30/2020 at 5:22 PM, rharr said:

Are we talking Sachs forks or KYB?

2020 300RR - Sachs 

• Like 1

I’m another one waiting to see which ones will work.  Seems all the ones I see do not have 2020 listed as a fit. 

On 7/29/2020 at 1:37 PM, dieguito said:

Hi,

Does anyone know of fork bleeders available for Beta 300RR 2020? I cannot find any that are compatible with 2020 apparently on any Beta or dirt bike online shops? Preferably if I can buy from a store in the US, thanks.

Rocky Mountain ATV says these Motion Pros will fit.

21C90ECB-C8DE-4862-8C4B-6AD964A7F623.png

If they are the same Sachs forks as the 2019 300RR, then I don't think there are any bleeders that will work.  The thread diameter for the screws is smaller than any bleeder out there.  For example, the diameter of the motion pro bleeders shown in the above post are too wide/large.

If you do find something that works let everyone know as I need bleeders for my my 300RR and 500RR-S. 

What about these directly from Beta USA website?

i been looking myself for 2020 500 RRS

67B8F27E-143E-4BD2-BB36-A045685A7762.png

Its this statement at the bottom that might be the problem: "Will not fit Standard '19 RR or RR-S & 2020 Race Editions."

Looking at the Beta website is says the 2020's have Sachs forks, which look the same as the 2019's.  If that is the case then those bleeders will not work.

Statement at bottom actually says nothing about them fitting a 2020 300rr 

STR Fork Bleeders are the best available for removing excess air. Helps prevent excess air buildup & fork seal blow out. Forks should only be bled with bike elevated & front wheel unloaded. Silver, Black, Blue, or Red. Fits '12-'18 RR 2-stroke / 2015-'18 RS/RR-S 4-stroke (except 125 RR-S) / 2019 2T & 4T Race Editions. Will not fit Standard '19 RR or RR-S & 2020 Race Editions.” 

Why not just measure the size and pitch of the bleed screws and then try to find a speed bleeder that matches the thread and pitch? Most speed bleeders also list thread and pitch.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In my view,based on experience, Speed bleeders are a solution looking to create a problem.To my knowledge they don't come standard equipment on any new dirt bikes off the showroom floor nor does a hoola hoop in the tool kit..There be sound reasoning behind that and that is. Hydraulic/ pneumatic forks need to be tightly sealed to perform properly and consistently.

Edited by widebear
  • Like 1

The draw back of a speed bleeder is they can let moisture in and rust internals when the bike is in a wet/humid environment. 

For me living in the desert it's not a issue. 

5 hours ago, rharr said:

The draw back of a speed bleeder is they can let moisture in and rust internals when the bike is in a wet/humid environment. 

For me living in the desert it's not a issue. 

Well I guess I’m lucky. I haven’t had problems. I put the bleeders on all my bikes . It’s easier than getting a little screwdriver and loosening to bleed air. As far as air bleeders? KYB forks you can just buy whatever brand that fits a yamaha yz. And for the rr you just get whatever air bleeders for Sachs right?? Or is a 20’ Sachs any different than all the earlier Sachs ZF? Same thing right?? I wouldn’t think air bleeders would be different for Sachs (ZF)fork caps of different years. I guess gotta just take off a fork cap and walk in a dirtbike shop and try some air bleeders shops got on the wall to sell. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider