indy rider

motocross BREAKING NEWS: 2020 MOTOCROSS DES NATIONS CANCELED

BREAKING NEWS: 2020 MOTOCROSS DES NATIONS CANCELED

image.png.28068e8bc4910e3e0c786a6fe3df6275.png

They could still hold the 2020 MXDN as an all-European event, but no nations from outside the continent are willing to risk being quarantined for 14 days if they fly to Europe.

MXGP promoting group Infront Moto Racing has announced that the 2020 Monster Energy FIM Motocross des Nations scheduled to take place on the September 26-27in Matterley Basin, Great Britain, has been canceled. In Front said, “Despite all the efforts from the local organizer Steve Dixon and Infront Moto Racing, there is no other viable options but to cancel the 2020 edition of MXDN due to the Covid-19 pandemic.”

Additionally, Infront Moto Racing have received information from nearly all of the non-European MXDN teams normally attending the event that due to Covid-19 complications of travel and quarantine protocols, they will not be able to take part in this year’s event. Therefore, taking all these factors into consideration and with the goal to coordinate the greatest off-road event of the year at a very high level, Infront Moto Racing and the FIM have arrived to the conclusion to cancel the event and look forward to a phenomenal Monster Energy FIM MXDN in 2021!

image.png.600dcd906b6271b7d81819704966d212.png

Lommel will hold three Belgian GPs in the month of October.

And, the Mantova, Italy, Grand Prix will now become the second double-header in Italy with back-to-back MXGP races in Mantova on September30 and October 4, 2020. Italy will host 5 GPs in 2020, Belgium 3 and Latvia 3. That is 10 MXGP race sin only three countries—which leaves a total  3 GPs (Turkey, Spain and Argentina—all of which are iffy right now) to be held outside of the countries with double and triple header events.

image.png.25dc58705c65790c9d6a5a6842a6618c.png

Latvia will hold three GP s in a row at the Kegum  track starting on August 9th. They are on Sunday, Wednesday and Sunday.

REVISED 2020 FIM MOTOCROSS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Mar. 1…Matterley, Great Britain (Held)
Mar. 8…Valkenswaard, Holland (Held)
Aug. 9…Kegums, Latvia
Aug. 12…Kegums, Latvia
Aug. 16…Kegums, Latvia
Sept. 6.…Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Sept. 16…Faenza, Italy
Sept. 20…Faenza, Italy
Sept. 30…Mantova, Italy
Oct. 4…Mantova, Italy
Oct. 11..Arroyomolinos, Spain
Oct. 18…Lommel, Belgium
Oct. 21…Lommel, Belgium
Oct. 25…Lommel, Belgium
Nov. 1…Trentino, Italy
Nov. 22…Neuquen, Argentina

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, indy rider said:

They could still hold the 2020 MXDN as an all-European event, but no nations from outside the continent are willing to risk being quarantined for 14 days if they fly to Europe.

MXGP promoting group Infront Moto Racing has announced that the 2020 Monster Energy FIM Motocross des Nations scheduled to take place on the September 26-27in Matterley Basin, Great Britain, has been canceled. In Front said, “Despite all the efforts from the local organizer Steve Dixon and Infront Moto Racing, there is no other viable options but to cancel the 2020 edition of MXDN due to the Covid-19 pandemic.”

Additionally, Infront Moto Racing have received information from nearly all of the non-European MXDN teams normally attending the event that due to Covid-19 complications of travel and quarantine protocols, they will not be able to take part in this year’s event. Therefore, taking all these factors into consideration and with the goal to coordinate the greatest off-road event of the year at a very high level, Infront Moto Racing and the FIM have arrived to the conclusion to cancel the event and look forward to a phenomenal Monster Energy FIM MXDN in 2021!

And, the Mantova, Italy, Grand Prix will now become the second double-header in Italy with back-to-back MXGP races in Mantova on September30 and October 4, 2020. Italy will host 5 GPs in 2020, Belgium 3 and Latvia 3. That is 10 MXGP race sin only three countries—which leaves a total  3 GPs (Turkey, Spain and Argentina—all of which are iffy right now) to be held outside of the countries with double and triple header events.

Latvia will hold three GP s in a row at the Kegum  track starting on August 9th. They are on Sunday, Wednesday and Sunday.

Aug. 9…Kegums, Latvia
Aug. 12…Kegums, Latvia
Aug. 16…Kegums, Latvia
Sept. 16…Faenza, Italy
Sept. 20…Faenza, Italy
Sept. 30…Mantova, Italy
Oct. 4…Mantova, Italy
Oct. 18…Lommel, Belgium
Oct. 21…Lommel, Belgium
Oct. 25…Lommel, Belgium
Nov. 1…Trentino, Italy

You know they will have a race that Herlings wins......bush league at it's best. Gonna lose alot of respect  if they do.

Edited by 777654321

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 777654321 said:

You know they will have a race that Herlings wins......bush league at it's best. Gonna lose alot of respect  if they do.

Why? There are still more hardpacked tracks than sand tracks on the calendar. Besides, almost all GP riders train in sand most of the year. 

Edited by deanevo

6 hours ago, indy rider said:

Aug. 9…Kegums, Latvia
Aug. 12…Kegums, Latvia
Aug. 16…Kegums, Latvia
Sept. 16…Faenza, Italy
Sept. 20…Faenza, Italy
Sept. 30…Mantova, Italy
Oct. 4…Mantova, Italy
Oct. 18…Lommel, Belgium
Oct. 21…Lommel, Belgium
Oct. 25…Lommel, Belgium
Nov. 1…Trentino, Italy

Probably first time in history, it’s been canceled. 

COVID CAN SUCK IT!!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, deanevo said:

Why? There are still more hardpacked tracks than sand tracks on the calendar. Besides, almost all GP riders train in sand most of the year. 

I was poking at the MXON. You ok. Cover up and wrap before😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, indy rider said:

If an outcome is expected, is it really Breaking News?  I realize that MXA & others labeled it as such, you didn't make that part up.

But with the US Nationals / MXGP seasons pushed into that time period, I fully expected there to be no MXoN, MEC, etc.

Just now, redrider144 said:

If an outcome is expected, is it really Breaking News?  I realize that MXA & others labeled it as such, you didn't make that part up.

But with the US Nationals / MXGP seasons pushed into that time period, I fully expected there to be no MXoN, MEC, etc.

From the sound of it, they were planning on running it until the teams from others continents decided to not go. 

• Like 2

Just now, indy rider said:

From the sound of it, they were planning on running it until the teams from others continents decided to not go. 

Yeah I think they were going to try too, but I gave MXoN about a 0.0001% chance of actually happening.

• Like 2

From the perspective of 1 or 2 months ago it was managable with the low covid numbers. Unfortunately there is 2nd covid wave coming, with countries here going back to lockdowns and other measures, so the situation has changed quite a bit. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, KableXL said:

Then unfortunately there will be a 3rd, 4th wave,,, then after a 100 waves, what do we do?

Get some strange, go do something youve always wanted to and stay within your own circle. I cant wait to visit Vietnam 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 777654321 said:

Get some strange, go do something youve always wanted to and stay within your own circle. I cant wait to visit Vietnam 😁

Vietnam ?    Not my idea of a place to go.....too many people I grew up with died there.....I didn't want to go there in 1968 and I still don't want to....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Budlite said:

Vietnam ?    Not my idea of a place to go.....too many people I grew up with died there.....I didn't want to go there in 1968 and I still don't want to....

Agreed, same here. Nothing but another slimy communist hell hole now. 

12 hours ago, deanevo said:

From the perspective of 1 or 2 months ago it was managable with the low covid numbers. Unfortunately there is 2nd covid wave coming, with countries here going back to lockdowns and other measures, so the situation has changed quite a bit. 

It's the same wave that is working it's way through the population of the world.  It's a virus as contagious as the common cold and we are all going to get it eventually. 

Edited by Wally63
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Michael RedCrow said:

Dont get why we are destroying the Global economy and many lives over a Virus with a .3% fatality rate even if you DO get it , not like it's the Black Plague .,but w/e.

The world has banded together to get rid of Trump in the only way they felt they could. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

The world has banded together to get rid of Trump in the only way they felt they could. 

Must be contagious! You think it's all about him too. 😂

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Michael RedCrow said:

Dont get why we are destroying the Global economy and many lives over a Virus with a .3% fatality rate even if you DO get it , not like it's the Black Plague .,but w/e.

I miss a normal life, but .3% is a really f***ing high death rate.         If you are in the high risk category, like my parents for example, its like dodging bullets when you go outside.  Those bullets, are fired by everyone else...   

The global economy generally doesn't mean crap if you're dead

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1