Ali Rahmani

The Position of Front Brake Line

Posted (edited)

Hello Guys,

I am going to buy a Honda CRF250L 2020 and by the dealers near where I live, I have seen 2 different position of front brake line positions.

By one dealer the Front brake line was led behind the fork guard and by the other dealer the front brake line was led in front of the fork guard. (See the attached photo)

My question: 

in 99% of the photos in Internet I have seen that the brake line is behind the fork guard.

1) Is it important at all if it is front oder behind?

2) Do they lead it behind the fork guard only because of aesthetic or does it have any specific technical reason?

I will appreciate your help

Thank you

front.jpg

Edited by Ali Rahmani
Misspell

I take it by In Front you mean on the outside...it shouldn't be there, that's just asking for it to get snagged on something.

It should be on the inside...

20171105_134035 (Medium).jpg

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

I take it by In Front you mean on the outside...it shouldn't be there, that's just asking for it to get snagged on something.

It should be on the inside...

20171105_134035 (Medium).jpg

Hi Neilly, You have a nice and beautiful bike. 
Thank you for your answer.

So can we assume that the Dealer bought the bike in Box and assembled it !! 

In the case that I want to bring it inside the Guard, Should I dismount the Line from the Brake or should I dismount the Brake Pad Casing? (if both are possible!! which one is the easiest one?)

Unbolt the caliper. But what else was assembled incorrectly?

1 hour ago, Evan D said:

Unbolt the caliper. But what else was assembled incorrectly?

Hi Evan,

Thank you for your answer. 
I haven't noticed anything else. 

The bikes come in a crate, mostly preassembled. There isn't too much for the dealer to do.

Just look it over carefully before taking it for a rip and you should be good.

7 minutes ago, CoronaCarl said:

The bikes come in a crate, mostly preassembled. There isn't too much for the dealer to do.

Just look it over carefully before taking it for a rip and you should be good.

Thank you Carl

6 minutes ago, Ali Rahmani said:

Thank you Carl

Here's a pic that was posted some time back. Doubt anything has changed since then.

imageproxy.jpeg.c74bc7df31a9a0ed8a43d9c2b8ea189a.jpeg

Then that is covered in cardboard.

I’m not sure which market you’re in and what specific differences there are, but a few things stand out in that picture 

1. Besides incorrect routing, why do there appear to be two brake lines?

2. Aren’t 2020 wheels black?

3. Are the rack and crash bars standard in your market or did someone put those on?

Just curious...

5 hours ago, Duck926 said:

I’m not sure which market you’re in and what specific differences there are, but a few things stand out in that picture 

1. Besides incorrect routing, why do there appear to be two brake lines?

2. Aren’t 2020 wheels black?

3. Are the rack and crash bars standard in your market or did someone put those on?

Just curious...

The second brake line muss be the ABS.

The wheels are Black but I think they always change the tire and put cheap ones on the bike.

The Rack and crash bar seem to be original

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 4:30 PM, Ali Rahmani said:

The second brake line muss be the ABS.

The wheels are Black but I think they always change the tire and put cheap ones on the bike.

The Rack and crash bar seem to be original

...so, the shop steals the factory rims and tires for themselves and puts on whatever the shit they want and sell the bike as new?

according to the Honda website, I can't find any evidence that they sell any model with crash bars from the factory or that tail rack. you can't even build out those as options on their website

the only one on the Honda website with the two lines to the front brake is the rally abs, but all the rally models have the red white and blue livery not the one shown in the picture.

I believe whatever shop you went to is participating in more tomfoolery than I'd be willing to tolerate with regards to the purchase of a new from the factory motorcycle. as previously stated, if these somewhat superficial things don't match what the factory would have stuck in a box.....what the hell else have they messed with?

As above, from Crapflinger, I'm 100% sure those engine bars / tail rack are not stock.  If the shop said they are, then they're making sh^t up, and I would also be worried about 'what else' they haven't assembled correctly. 

However, that being said, if you are mechanically minded, and can get hold of the workshop manual, then I would say it is fairly easy to 'get to know' your bike, and have a good check of everything, especially with all the info on here as cross checks, - If however you're not happy dealing with that, I'd find another shop who understands the bike better to look to buy one from.

Stay safe.