liberty2701

K&N air filter. You be the judge.

Just now, 777654321 said:

I dont use K&N on anything. When they came out for dirt bikes you could smack them on the ground and dirt would come out the inside. I've been using No Toil products since they cam out. I like the spray and it comes off with laundry detergent. Now reds got more experience sucking through a filter so he may have some in person knowledge. 

Yeah I saw that you don't like K&N's.  I've run them on  street bikes. Would never on a dirt bike. I've always run Uni's. Never had an issue.  P.S. Please don't whip Red into a frenzy with your stirring stick, Thanks :D

5 minutes ago, Rod21 said:

Well I'll be dipped ... this is like an oil thread!

Pandora's air box!   :devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Rod21 said:

Well I'll be dipped ... this is like an oil thread!

No this I the facts.......they suck ass for offroad use. Get a regular twin foam and save your engine. If anyone thinks the K&N works for offroad you need glasses 🤣

Edited by 777654321
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 777654321 said:

No this I the facts.......they suck ass for offroad use. Get a regular twin foam and save your engine. If anyone thinks the K&N works for offroad you need glasses 🤣

Actually I conceded and installed a disposable Maxima ready to use ProFilter today.

But don't get me wrong, K&N is not going anywhere. I  really like it.

What  else did I do today?  Oh ya, installed some graphics and drank beer 🙂

watched P3 and Qualifying 

and I do wear glasses 

20200801_100844.jpg

15 minutes ago, 00boob said:

Yeah I saw that you don't like K&N's.  I've run them on  street bikes. Would never on a dirt bike. I've always run Uni's. Never had an issue.  P.S. Please don't whip Red into a frenzy with your stirring stick, Thanks :D

He came out of nowhere and told me to suck a donkey's dick. I'd say he did the stirring. I agree with everything you said about filters. 

• Haha 2

He came out of nowhere and told me to suck a donkey's dick. I'd say he did the stirring. I agree with everything you said about filters. 

Just saw the other thread. Thats why the FIFY!

Just now, Rod21 said:

Actually I conceded and installed a disposable Maxima ready to use ProFilter today.

But don't get me wrong, K&N is not going anywhere. I  really like it.

What  else did I do today?  Oh ya, installed some graphics and drank beer 🙂

watched P3 and Qualifying 

and I do wear glasses 

20200801_100844.jpg

Sounds like your having a better day than me. I spent all morning climbing down a small gorge to find zero fish 😁 does red know you got his quad. That's my kid floating eggs

20200801_074821.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

Sounds like your having a better day than me. I spent all morning climbing down a small gorge to find zero fish 😁 does red know you got his quad. That's my kid floating eggs

20200801_074821.jpg

That on the west side?

20200801_074821.jpg

I love fishing, just too hot in LV at the moment unless you're on the water by 5am and off by 10am

We get skunked all the time except this one day

20190602_115015.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rod21 said:

I love fishing, just too hot in LV at the moment unless you're on the water by 5am and off by 10am

20190602_115015.jpg

Nice catch!

• Like 1

K&N filters on ah-64's and Abrams tanks? or uni's hmmmm...volume of air X number of cylinders?a single cylinder mc doesn't draw the the volume or rate. neither better than the other.equally good and Bad at the same time.😀🇺🇸🏍️⚖️

• Like 2

Never ceases to amaze me where and how topic's go and ironically I too like fishing but I enjoy catching more.

Pacific Ocean (before it got too hot) trolling with 4wt fly rods and stopped on an island for the pic and to clean them.

Pink Salmon and felt like I had on 30 lbrs 🙂

Phil.jpg.a657b616b357d3c2960e47e8c9a25bbc.jpg

Maybe some street riding this weekend on the DRZ to cool down 🙂

• Like 4

1) Some people have very good results while others have poor results. This implies that proper installation is the key. Most motorcycle air box lips are very flimsy (relative to a car/truck) and it is imperative to oil/grease the box filter mount edge for proper sealing. I see no indication of sealant around the lip.

2) That partially quoted scientific study covered dry automobile filters, not oiled motorcycle filters. The study is not valid for our purposes. And the K&N still performed better.

3) Anecdotally, I have used a single K&N in my Tahoe for almost 8 years and 180,000 miles and the inside of the filter box was perfectly clean. Also, no enduro, motocross, or flat-track bike that I have put grease around the filter mount has ever had any engine damage attributable to dirt. I am not knocking foam filters as I have used them successfully many times but they also require the proper oil and installation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jonathon Coffey said:

metal acid; k&n and supertrapp both originally dragboat products.when supertrapp was disco-jett.🚤early '60's to keep out moisture! not dust!🌪️

Cool factoid bruh! My buddy has a 70's jet boat, with a 351 or may be a 390? chrome pipes and flat as a pancake body. I drove it a couple of times and had a blast! He's trying to fix it back up, its been sitting his back yard for a year. He got the engine running today. But the holly carb needs adjusting.image.png.c314c7f5acd73c753f771ddf0ebd8f81.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Cool factoid bruh! My buddy has a 70's jet boat, with a 351 or may be a 390? chrome pipes and flat as a pancake body. I drove it a couple of times and had a blast! He's trying to fix it back up, its been sitting his back yard for a year. He got the engine running today. But the holly carb needs adjusting.image.png.c314c7f5acd73c753f771ddf0ebd8f81.png

maybe it needs a K&N and not that rather large velocity stack! and open exhaust! 😀🇺🇸

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rod21 said:

20190602_115015.jpg

gasp!you look like my long lost twin! we're you adopted by any chance? I was!🤔🇺🇸

1 hour ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Don't those Macho v8 engines look the bizness in the back of that boat? Chrome headers say you mean bizness.

back in the '60's,Ski-Land,in Perris,cal. Built next to a seasonal Creek in clay-lined drag-pits about 6 ft deep. thenitro speed runs were in the mornings,farmers/neighbor's complained for years. exhibition ski-ing in the cool of the evening. long gone.🤔🇺🇸

Edited by Jonathon Coffey
Spelling
  • Like 1