Rod21

Chased by dangerous dogs while riding

I normally CCW while riding but when I transferred over from quads to a dirtbike I feel there is no way I can get off an accurate shot (heat of the moment) without possible collateral damage once I let go of the throttle as well as trying to control bike while drawing weapon. On a quad easy. Sure dogs are easy to outrun, but running away is not always an option.

I guess my point is you have to reevaluate pretty much everything with C19. Seen numerous pitbulls running loose lately on my way to riding area.
During these trying times and mass unemployment, I'm sure owners can't feed them so they just drop them off onto the side of the road.

Dangerous dog breeds don't like dirtbikes and irresponsible off leash owners nearby can't call them back.

Think we're going to arm up with some high quality pepper spray and training because no way will grandkids outrun a dog on a Polaris 50

Thoughts?

having hit two dogs,both on the street.one crash(me). i see more daytime coyotes than domestic dogs. I ride the last frontier here in the inland empire.surrounded by enclaves of tract homes.😀

19 hours ago, Rod21 said:

Yup, worked at Edwards AFB for a while, no two wheeling,  but the yotes are everywhere 

the steroid fed roosters that the Mex.cockfighters dump in the hills in empty bags of feed have nourished them.now they've bred with strays or unfenced cherished family pets. the coyote bitch lures them out.the rest of the pack kills and eats them after mating.now there's hybrid super-coyotes the size of a German Shepherd!🐺

they do go for bootlaces don't they! don't kick.just stand up.(if wearing MX boots).🇺🇸

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jonathon Coffey said:

having hit two dogs,both on the street.one crash(me). i see more daytime coyotes than domestic dogs. I ride the last frontier here in the inland empire.surrounded by enclaves of tract homes.😀

Yup, worked at Edwards AFB for a while, no two wheeling,  but the yotes are everywhere 

If a dog is aggressive and outside of its owners yard and control then it is fair game to kill the &%$#@!ing thing as far as I am concerned. Shooting the owner would also be a good next step.

Nothing angers me more than shitty pet owners, specifically ones that own aggressive dogs. Well, maybe being stuck with driving a Chrysler product at work or as a rental but I digress. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

ive had dogs try to attack me, coming from the front. just give them a good kick and that should do the trick. i kicked a dobermen trying to attack me and it ran away. you must be wearing motocross boots to get away wit this and kick them before they get a chance to jump. i like animals but im not trying to get attacked by one.

• Like 3

I love dogs as well ... we actually had inherited a Rottweiler when son joined USAF.

Greatest dog ever except for our beloved Labrador retriever. 

Only difference is aggressiveness, all they want to do is love you and protect you. And that can be a problem if behavior is not controlled.

I &%$#@!ing hate pitbulls but that just seems to be the go to breed for all the indigenous lowlifes in Las Vegas 

Time to move I guess 

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

We used to play backyard cricket, ball would always go next door, where there was a nasty German shepherd. I was the only person that could get the ball. As long as I didn't take my eyes off the dog, all was good, the second I'd take my eye's off him to jump the fence, he'd be onto me.

Not sure if It'd work on a pissed off Pitty, just sayin.

@Grimlock. What pisses me off most, the dog always suffers the consequences of the moronic owners. 

There's a Sandra Bullock movie, she's an alcoholic in rehab. One of the councilors says something Interesting in one of the scenes. Not sure which character asks, but they're asking about having a baby.
The councilors reply. "Get a pot plant, if that pot plant survives for 12 months, you can get a gold fish, if the gold fish survives for 12 months, you can get a dog, if the dog survives for 12 months, you can have a baby"

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rod21 said:

I normally CCW while riding but when I transferred over from quads to a dirtbike I feel there is no way I can get off an accurate shot (heat of the moment) without possible collateral damage once I let go of the throttle as well as trying to control bike while drawing weapon. On a quad easy. Sure dogs are easy to outrun, but running away is not always an option.

I guess my point is you have to reevaluate pretty much everything with C19. Seen numerous pitbulls running loose lately on my way to riding area.
During these trying times and mass unemployment, I'm sure owners can't feed them so they just drop them off onto the side of the road.

Dangerous dog breeds don't like dirtbikes and irresponsible off leash owners nearby can't call them back.

Think we're going to arm up with some high quality pepper spray and training because no way will grandkids outrun a dog on a Polaris 50

Thoughts?

Rod my man, when I got my 2nd scoot, I would ride in the alley ways of our neighborhood and I taped a flashlight on the handle bars for awesome night vision. There was a german shepard 5 blocks down and on a non moon lit night I took the old vintage scoot for a spin. I heard barking from behind me so I sped up, the the end of the alley I had to break, the big dog knocked me off my bike and barked at me. Im glad he didnt tear me up. I got back on, started up my ride, and my duct taped flashlight was hanging by a thread. I survived it, but I stayed clear of that dam dog!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jonathon Coffey said:

It totally jives that you're an IE guy, no offense. 😆

43 minutes ago, Jonathon Coffey said:

the steroid fed roosters that the Mex.cockfighters dump in the hills in empty bags of feed have nourished them.now they've bred with strays or unfenced cherished family pets. the coyote bitch lures them out.the rest of the pack kills and eats them after mating.now there's hybrid super-coyotes the size of a German Shepherd!🐺

Straight from Jack London. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, k.g said:

Don’t hurt dogs. Pepper spray if you have to. On my mtb a quick squirt with the water bottle is enough. 

Unless they're running your livestock to death, killing chickens, attacking children or old people......

2 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Rod my man, when I got my 2nd scoot, I would ride in the alley ways of our neighborhood and I taped a flashlight on the handle bars for awesome night vision. There was a german shepard 5 blocks down and on a non moon lit night I took the old vintage scoot for a spin. I heard barking from behind me so I sped up, the the end of the alley I had to break, the big dog knocked me off my bike and barked at me. Im glad he didnt tear me up. I got back on, started up my ride, and my duct taped flashlight was hanging by a thread. I survived it, but I stayed clear of that dam dog!

I had a Blue Heeler. We're at the footy one day, someone kicked a goal, my mate in front of us got excited, and my dog bit him. He lost his shit, told me he was gonna buy a dog and train it to attack me on sight, and the rotten bastard did :D
Ridge back cross doberman. Worst part is, we lived together lol. If he wasn't home, the dog loved me, but as soon as he walked in the door, It'd turn on me, it knew It'd get in trouble if it liked me lol.
We're at another mates place one day, a heap of us, 'ol mate had his dog on a lead, he says "I'm gonna let the dog off the lead in 10 seconds", about 10 of us have tried to get out a typical sized door way, all at one time. Unfortunately I was last out. I actually fell face first down the stairs in my shear panic, I've turned around, while still face down on the ground, and just pushed the security door. 'Ol mate heard the door, and assumed it closed, so let the dog go, the bloody door didn't close properly, I made another attempt, just as I got my hand on the door, the door came bursting through it. Adrenalin kicked in. I somehow went from face down on the ground, to on the fence 😂. No shit, I'm not even kidding. I had a feeling the dog got me though. 'Ol mates come out, apologising. I'm like I'm pretty sure he got me, but, no visible marks, or blood, I twist my arm around in front of myself, use my thumb and a finger, pull back at the skin, and the flood gates opened lol. He got me alright, but, luckily for me, only one tooth penetrated, you could see where the other 3 broke the skin, still can. If the did penetrate properly, he would have taken my bicep out. Like a friggen shark.
Only time I've ever been bit. Dog's typically like me. i'm an animal lover, and they're a good judge of character :D

• Like 2

Don't tie a rag on the wheel that flops around as you ride slowly by. And the dog won't go after it and have a sore mouth and neck.  That wouldn't be nice.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jonathon Coffey said:

the sentence structures or a similar passage?🐺

The scenario. But its wolf bitches luring sled dogs out into the night. Can't remember if novel or short story. Best writer of all time, dude commanded English language with stark perfection. 

Edit: beginning of "White Fang" by Jack London. 

Edited by Doctor Impostor
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

I had a Blue Heeler. We're at the footy one day, someone kicked a goal, my mate in front of us got excited, and my dog bit him. He lost his shit, told me he was gonna buy a dog and train it to attack me on sight, and the rotten bastard did :D
Ridge back cross doberman. Worst part is, we lived together lol. If he wasn't home, the dog loved me, but as soon as he walked in the door, It'd turn on me, it knew It'd get in trouble if it liked me lol.
We're at another mates place one day, a heap of us, 'ol mate had his dog on a lead, he says "I'm gonna let the dog off the lead in 10 seconds", about 10 of us have tried to get out a typical sized door way, all at one time. Unfortunately I was last out. I actually fell face first down the stairs in my shear panic, I've turned around, while still face down on the ground, and just pushed the security door. 'Ol mate heard the door, and assumed it closed, so let the dog go, the bloody door didn't close properly, I made another attempt, just as I got my hand on the door, the door came bursting through it. Adrenalin kicked in. I somehow went from face down on the ground, to on the fence 😂. No shit, I'm not even kidding. I had a feeling the dog got me though. 'Ol mates come out, apologising. I'm like I'm pretty sure he got me, but, no visible marks, or blood, I twist my arm around in front of myself, use my thumb and a finger, pull back at the skin, and the flood gates opened lol. He got me alright, but, luckily for me, only one tooth penetrated, you could see where the other 3 broke the skin, still can. If the did penetrate properly, he would have taken my bicep out. Like a friggen shark.
Only time I've ever been bit. Dog's typically like me. i'm an animal lover, and they're a good judge of character :D

like chimpanzee's dogs love private parts best(soft and gooshy). one bloody chomp huh?😬🇺🇸

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Doctor Impostor said:

The scenario. But its wolf bitches luring sled dogs out into the night. Can't remember if novel or short story. Best writer of all time, dude commanded English language with stark perfection. 

I wish I did.☹️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

Ouch! Good thing you healed up bro! Thats nasty, did your doctor tend to your wounds, or did you Rambo it? My Grannie had a welsh corgie? and I was a little tyke back, "metal-drip" if you will, and I love the little dog, I fed it, and played fetch with it, I think his name was General Lee. Well Granny was cooking vittels, and I put my face in his face<stupid youngin move, but hell I didnt know any better. He bit my face and drew blood. I was pretty shocked, no tears, just shocked that my little lee snapped at me. But I learned a valueable lesson, never stick you ugly mug in a dogs face. One more quck one. My 84 cr-250 buddy was a weight lifter in high school and he had a big ol' German sheppard named Rommel, and I'll tell y'all hoss, you dont mess with that dog. My bro left the dog tied up in the front yard, security me thinks? I go pick him up to ride, and ol Rommel would eyeball me, but never bark. I grabbed my bro we rode. Well one night, he envited my hill billy buddy over for a small party, chicks and broads every where. My other buddy didnt get past Rommel, the dog jump and swalled his skinny arm up to the elbow. LOL! All I heard was halllp, haaallp, and my bro yanked Rommel off his arm. Party was still fun, but the dog is to be respected.

• Haha 2

do coyotes read jack too? these coy-otes,crafty and not afraid of motorcyclists till you chase 'em! kitten and puppy devoured along with backyard koi ponds fish.😬

• Like 2