4 hours ago, broke311 said:

And you my friend, are the scum of the earth. 

Did I say to hide or conceal anything? No, instead I said not to fully rebuild it but sell it instead. How the seller decides to disclose or not disclose it up to him.

Mark the item down accordingly and disclose what he thinks is wrong. Top to bottom rebuild and then expecting to recoup a portion of that investment is a bad decision - IMO. Any bike I've had problems with such as this I mark down and sell with disclosure of what I think is wrong. Yes, you lose money at sale time but you lose less than what you would if you fully rebuilt it - my only point.

• Like 1

The crank is a out to go.If you rebuild it,you will have a fresh engine that you can run the shit out of without a worry.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

16 hours ago, LukeNoland said:

Also would it be a bad idea to ride it easy for like 20 minutes with the new filter and oil and see what the filter looks like after?

That could be a good idea, but it could also lead to more damage 

also, now you have the bike i would try to fix it, selling it could be hard and buying a new one is a new rabbit hole, once you put in the work you will have a bike you can really trust and enjoy (because we don't buy bikes just to sell them)

• Helpful 1

On 8/2/2020 at 9:01 AM, shrubitup said:

then you'd have $4300 into the bike. it will never resale for that much. buy new filter, clean up, fix wheel bearing, sell.

Used 250F and used 125 smokers always the MOST thrashed on used bikes. Any 250F purchase should be a new one unless it's a Yamaha generally.

What a load of rubbish!! So every 250 out there has been trashed...but 450's go for it?! Oh oh unless its a Yamaha and they either dont get trashed or never break!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starsailorer said:

What a load of rubbish!! So every 250 out there has been trashed...but 450's go for it?! Oh oh unless its a Yamaha and they either dont get trashed or never break!

So you don’t like my opinion? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, shrubitup said:

Haha, you could say that. Just surprised my crf aint dropped dead yet then...😉

15 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Did I say to hide or conceal anything? No, instead I said not to fully rebuild it but sell it instead. How the seller decides to disclose or not disclose it up to him.

Mark the item down accordingly and disclose what he thinks is wrong. Top to bottom rebuild and then expecting to recoup a portion of that investment is a bad decision - IMO. Any bike I've had problems with such as this I mark down and sell with disclosure of what I think is wrong. Yes, you lose money at sale time but you lose less than what you would if you fully rebuilt it - my only point.

my anolgy of this is a two story out-house. you can get crapped on if not very-awarey.🤔💩😀🇺🇸

2 hours ago, shrubitup said:

small bike,small mind(mech.-tech.-reading comprehensive).250(limited skills-some reading) 450(max-skills ,reading and money to throw at problems) 500 and above(bike repairs itself out of awesome respect to the more than qualified owner)!🤔🇺🇸😀

Take your time and rebuild it, don't go cheap stay away from anything China.  You will learn more thru the process than half of the clowns on these forums.

It will just take some time.  Take lots of pictures, get some aluminum cooking trays as you remove parts clean then put in trays.  Makes it easier when reassembling. 

It's not a money saving thing just a learning experience which you can't pay for.

Later George

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Send updates if you decide to split. If you sell take the high road, what goes around comes around. 

1 minute ago, uptite said:

Take your time and rebuild it, don't go cheap stay away from anything China.  You will learn more thru the process than half of the clowns on these forums.

It will just take some time.  Take lots of pictures, get some aluminum cooking trays as you remove parts clean then put in trays.  Makes it easier when reassembling. 

It's not a money saving thing just a learning experience which you can't pay for.

Later George

Well said!! 
I agree that the learning is worth it and definitely don’t cheep out on Chinese parts 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, uptite said:

Later George

without opies or clowns or "experts",tt would not exist.😘

• Like 1

I 'd ride it 30 minutes going hard in every gear both accelerating and decelerating in every gear.  Listen for funny noises obviously, especially during shifting.  Get a razor and cut the new filter apart to see the entire thing.