casing daily

Why is there aint no bikes on the shelves

Showrooms are bare even the turd Suzukis selling like hot cakes. 

Thought guys were being tight in this economy, guess not.

Ppl are real &%$#@!ing weird, maaan..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

UK second hand bikes gone up max 1k in price ,I don't know why

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Had to go to Oregon to find a 2020 yz250f (2 hour drive min to the dealership), they would not budge on their price. Full MSRP and $1000 in freight/setup. Plus taxes it was going to be $10.7K. F-ing outrageous especially the model was going to be last years in a month and a half. Walked away. Used market here in WA is insane. People wanting 5500 for their 6 year old 250F that has no top end/hour meter. The worse part is they are SELLING! Managed to get a really nice 19 yz250f for the bro for 5250. He just posted it and I met him the same day and got it. I knew that bike was gonna disappear

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I sold my 19 sx 250 for 4600 last year , it's now 5500 a year later lol 

I think people want to get out and live more? But we don't have as many tracks fully open as before covid 

• Like 3

My local track is packed every weekend. During the week they are pretty busy too. I see lots of new bikes out there too! And a lot of novice riders also. Sport in my area I feel has grown immensely

1 hour ago, mog said:

I sold my 19 sx 250 for 4600 last year , it's now 5500 a year later lol 

I think people want to get out and live more? But we don't have as many tracks fully open as before covid 

I think you nailed it mog. People are bored and are over being afraid. Covid is here to stay, and we have to get back to some type of normalcy.

• Like 4

Pool sales have more than doubled over last year and they are out until 2021. All the marinas around here are empty and I heard on the news that boat sales through the roof and dealers can’t get any more boats to sell. Dirt bikes and ATVs are in the same predicament 

Everyone wants a fun time while staying away from everyone else

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Mountain bikes, same way. Can't find a medium frame fat tire for my wife, in a mens or womens style within 200 miles. 

I can't leave the local area (Navy restrictions) so I've basically been making a beach cruiser into a halfass mountain bike. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Good I am hoping this pandemic damages the shit out of our sit on your ass inside the house playing video games society.

ATVs are also having a banner year. Even expensive ones like Yam Grizzlies are being sold fast.

I think there is also some leniency with riding. Nosy people seem less inclined to call the cops if somebody is outside having fun not bothering anybody. A few years ago a buddy and I were riding near an interstate and state cops showed up and said they got like 40 complaint calls from dickheads driving by with nothing better to do with their cell phones.

There are some benefits to this I guess...

Edited by Chaconne
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

My local Honda dealer sold every new bike that was on the floor including play bikes. They have no use stock and are waiting for the 2021 inventory to arrive. It’s also becoming harder to get decent tires too. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I sold my 15 husky 450 for 3800 to a buddy, a real pos too.. Im gonna call him and tell him he better be grateful bitch

Edited by casing daily
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, Thumper723 said:

Mountain bikes, same way. Can't find a medium frame fat tire for my wife, in a mens or womens style within 200 miles. 

I can't leave the local area (Navy restrictions) so I've basically been making a beach cruiser into a halfass mountain bike. 

I had a hard time finding a couple of typical bicycle tubes a few weeks back. Sold out all over the place.

• Like 1

We’ve hunted around for new bikes to check out, and the inventory is pitiful. I think I’d rather rebuild my old XR and forget new for awhile.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My local KTM dealer, one of the biggest volume dealers in the East has nearly zero dirt/enduro bikes. Sold out all the 2020 models. There is a random 350XCF here and a 490/500 there, but no choices, no two strokes. Waiting for the 2021 models, which are late because the factory in Austria was closed for about two months.

I hear that RV sales have gone up thru the roof as well

Hot tubs, kids bikes, used cars, and dirt bikes are all in short supply.  I don't get it.  

• Like 2

Lots of government money in peoples pockets burning a hole. Dumb people assume they must blow all of it, instead of saving in case economy ( their jobs) tanks.

Joe

• Like 6
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

Lots of government money in peoples pockets burning a hole. Dumb people assume they must blow all of it, instead of saving in case economy ( their jobs) tanks.

Joe

If the gubmit provided once, it will provide again. Gubmit provision is a one-way ratcheting mechanism as a rule. Relax Jose, the gubmit's gotchu. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pat22043 said:
I hear that RV sales have gone up thru the roof as well

19 minutes ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

Joe

That’s why RV sales are through the roof. When the bank takes the house you have something to live in...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, DEL107 said:

In honor of double negatives everywhere...

Do you like my title? I posted it just for the grammar police you know the ppl that like to tell everyone else what to do lol  😂 🖕

• Haha 3