S.Cal Best Fire/Forest Roads near San Diego

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, NORTY said:

You suck at wheelies, yet challenge everyone to hill climbing? You DO realize BOTH disciplines require throttle control? 

LOL. I can't wait to see how this turns out...

D9696353-8E34-47D5-A094-27D6356BC7B4.jpeg

Huge Wheelies are the most useless of all Enduro motorcycle moves.  But definitly looks cool.  Besides, I may suck at wheelies but can probably do a bigger one than you can. 

I know  some trails out on s2 that will make or break  you. whos in?   Beer is on me.

Warning.... if you can't ride off this trail, a helicopter will have to come get your bike.

I have a cell phone I can call 911 if you get hyperventilated and dehydrated.

And remember I didn't just challenge any one,  I also offered to buy them lunch and the keys to my horse and to show them new trails.0

All I got in return was   (edited)   (edited). Now this turned into a political thread?

Go Trump.

Edited by darren cycles
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, darren cycles said:

Huge Wheelies are the most useless of all Enduro motorcycle moves.  But definitly looks cool.  Besides, I may suck at wheelies but can probably do a bigger one than you can. 

I know  some trails out on s2 that will make or break  you. whos in?   Beer is on me.

Warning.... if you can't ride off this trail, a helicopter will have to come get your bike.

I have a cell phone I can call 911 if you get hyperventilated and dehydrated.

And remember I didn't just challenge any one,  I also offered to buy them lunch and the keys to my horse and to show them new trails.0

All I got in return was   (edited)   (edited). Now this turned into a political thread?

Go Trump.

I thought it was a fire road thread now its a hard enduro on vintage equipment 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

20201206_152015.thumb.jpg.f7ef19ff5fef084ddfebfffdaa3267fa.jpgCrfxr got broke off real good last time. 

Now that guy can ride a wheelie!

Edited by darren cycles

1 hour ago, darren cycles said:

20201206_152015.thumb.jpg.f7ef19ff5fef084ddfebfffdaa3267fa.jpgCrfxr got broke off real good last time. 

Now that guy can ride a wheelie!

I seem to have most my problems when both wheels are on the ground.  At 65 I don't bounce quite like I used to

• Haha 2

Screenshot_20210108-085519_Google_8167.jpg.5cdcebf958fc46c896c947d7b688a55d.jpg

Theres a 5mi trail that goes to doz cabeza .

Was wondering if anybody has enough eggs to ride that with me. It's name is Devil's Canyon. Its only rideable at certain times of the ysar.

If only there was one highly skilled rider that could do that trail it would be awesome. I only need 1.

On 1/4/2021 at 6:39 AM, darren cycles said:

anybody riding next weekend ?

Ocotillo?

Xr650r ..

Could meet at the Chevron gas station.. 

For some hill climbs and sand.

20210102_095032.jpg.149038782026ebb6ee0bee9fc339b62c.jpg

Are you still wanting to do this? looks like you have moved on from the hill climbs and sand idea?

• Haha 1

I'm going to ride the Dirt road to La Rumerosa from Laguna Salada,  I take lots of breaks, enjoy the view and eat tacos al vapor at the top.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2021 at 9:30 AM, T.T. Rider said:

Are you still wanting to do this? looks like you have moved on from the hill climbs and sand idea?

Ya let's ride.  Beats typing on this computer. 

I can be at the Ocotillo gas station  At 10am.

Are you able to ride tt rider?

The Dirt road up to La Rumerosa beat me up,  nothing is undoable but there are lots of rocks and my head hurts from thinking about which line to pick. The big drop offs on the side combined with sharp switchbacks where you need to commit to a line before you can see what is ahead messed with my head.   I've gotten used to desert riding where you can see far ahead and have more time to pick lines. I wasted a lot of energy going slower than necessary. I expect this road will be much easier the second time because knowledge is power.  On a positive note, I'm back to my pre holiday weight as a result.

2 hours ago, Barry Ries said:

The Dirt road up to La Rumerosa beat me up,  nothing is undoable but there are lots of rocks and my head hurts from thinking about which line to pick. The big drop offs on the side combined with sharp switchbacks where you need to commit to a line before you can see what is ahead messed with my head.   I've gotten used to desert riding where you can see far ahead and have more time to pick lines. I wasted a lot of energy going slower than necessary. I expect this road will be much easier the second time because knowledge is power.  On a positive note, I'm back to my pre holiday weight as a result.

When are you going back? 

How far from. The border is it?

When are you going back? 

How far from. The border is it?

It is close , You can see the Border.  It is about 30 miles West of Mexicali.    I'm going to be riding easier stuff for awhile. 

Thats great I figured it was close. I like that riding area.  I have a border pass , maybe you could show me some trail out there?

GOPR0441_001_001_1610374417756.jpeg.f34c21a1088dc6f851043adf3a761350.jpeg

Was out at painted gorge 40 miles east of where you were and found some single-track . Good times . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thats great I figured it was close. I like that riding area.  I have a border pass , maybe you could show me some trail out there?

Was out at painted gorge 40 miles east of where you were and found some single-track . Good times . 

That looks scary,  

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Govt Cheese is BACK said:

That's a ROAD ! 

When you get out of jail,, try posting some pic of some trail, savant.

Edited by darren cycles

20 hours ago, darren cycles said:

What bikes do you ride and where do you stay?   I ride a DRZ 400 and a F800GS.