S.Cal Best Fire/Forest Roads near San Diego

3 hours ago, darren cycles said:

I actually am enjoying the smack talkery , It feeds my personality disorder , am really appreciative of snakes and cheesy.  I definitly owe them a big roost of applause if we ever all go out on a huge club ride together  ❤. 

I'm keeping my front tire bald for when they see me.   

Crfxr please heal fast .. you used to break me off hard every ride (sounds gross).  Im only as good as the last rider I rode with, so you get back up again soon .

Don't tell em I can ride that pig or they will think I'm awesome and I will have to back up all the smack by showing  em what"s  up. Thats how I end up in the hospital in the first place. ... whoever I ride with has to know the phone number to 911.... just in case I get out front of the pack.  Apparently I run out of talent as soon as I get out of eye shot.

Cheese , I am realizing your gift . Thankyou for finding the pic of Sam. 

Steph sounds like a good rider. Interested. 

Ahh... That invite was directed to Alan.

4 hours ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

15771BCB-ADD4-43EA-8D38-FCADF4F00DA2.png

Linesman boot!  That was my first pair of boots for riding.  Brings back memories.  And a down pipe on a CT, DT?  Had one of those built for my ‘68 Pursang.  Whenever I landed hard from a jump, the pipe would pop out of the cylinder.  Fixed that by replacing the springs with turnbuckles.  Those were the days.  These younger guys don’t know how well they have it,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Govt Cheese is BACK said:

Best fire road thread ever !  I miss the old days 4 sure.

210120500_vintagedirtbikeracing.jpg.725fbf750c1cbe91af1aef4b445a671c.jpg

I missed that one.  I do remember getting passed by a guy naked, except for boots, gloves, and a helmet, on a Husky at the Viewfinders GP at Indian Dunes around ‘73-‘74.  Had “Streaker” stenciled across his shoulders.  Passed him back at the next water crossing.  Seems he drowned out his bike, and was on the stream bank kicking it furiously with quite a crowd watching.  I felt embarrassed for him.  Poor guy.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Gflo said:

Linesman boot!  That was my first pair of boots for riding.  Brings back memories.  And a down pipe on a CT, DT?  Had one of those built for my ‘68 Pursang.  Whenever I landed hard from a jump, the pipe would pop out of the cylinder.  Fixed that by replacing the springs with turnbuckles.  Those were the days.  These younger guys don’t know how well they have it,

My first boots as well. Then went to full bores. 
Anyone notice that was Kent Howerton. 

This is what I climbed on Saturday.  I didn’t go fast but I went pretty far.   Over 4,000’ elevation from start to finish.  

05D4BA8E-97AE-4B99-A4DE-EECADBEA1356.jpeg

388A2EE7-2FDB-48EC-A745-A87D93DEE223.jpeg

• Like 2

That's pretty good...  when I drive from Apple Valley to OC its only like 3200 feet.  The Cajon Pass is the epic part though. Almost 2000 feet in just 15 miles. :worthy:

• Helpful 1

8 hours ago, Barry Ries said:

This is what I climbed on Saturday.  I didn’t go fast but I went pretty far.   Over 4,000’ elevation from start to finish.  

05D4BA8E-97AE-4B99-A4DE-EECADBEA1356.jpeg

388A2EE7-2FDB-48EC-A745-A87D93DEE223.jpeg

A little BMW adventure bike ish I think. I might try that. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

I wouldn't do it alone, there are a couple of rockslides that haven't been cleared yet.  I was exhausted when I got to the top. If something goes wrong it could be tragic. There are several places where you can't see what is ahead and you need to just pray and maintain sufficient speed and inertia.   I went with a friend who had been doing this road since He was a youngster.   It is an Epic ride though and the scenery is spectacular.

54 minutes ago, Barry Ries said:

I wouldn't do it alone, there are a couple of rockslides that haven't been cleared yet.  I was exhausted when I got to the top. If something goes wrong it could be tragic. There are several places where you can't see what is ahead and you need to just pray and maintain sufficient speed and inertia.   I went with a friend who had been doing this road since He was a youngster.   It is an Epic ride though and the scenery is spectacular.

Where is that?

11 hours ago, Gflo said:

Where is that?

West of Laguna Salada, it is the old road up the mountains from Mexicali to La Rumerosa/Tecate.    

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

BTW:  I wouldn't want to do this trail with my F800GS.  It certainly can be done but I don't think it would be much fun on a big ADV bike.    If you thinking about it I would try the Jasper Trail in Anza Borego first,  it is about half the distance and in the USA and the Jasper Trail is easier. I did the Jasper Trail on my F800GS but it was because of a wrong turn.  If the Jasper trail seems difficult for you do not try La Rumerosa.